Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

You are a star. That solved my problem.

HP Recommended

Have an Officejet 6700.  Followed all previous suggestions with no favorable result.  I am still getting the "Waiting for printer to become available" message.

HP Recommended

I have same problem with  my HP Officejet 4622. I followed the instructions but do not find any Firmware update button. I never had the problem in the past but it started when I updated my iMac to latest OS 10.15.7. Please help since it is VERY annoying!!!

HP Recommended

Deleting all the printer drivers and then having the Mac reinstall drivers worked! Wow, only about 4 hours of frustration and problem solving to get this fixed. Thanks everyone for the thread and the suggestions.

HP Recommended

I have now followed all the instructions deleting the printer, printer software, files in cache, etc. Then reinstalled the printer software - and still getting the same problem. If I shut down the printer and start it again it will print w/o problems - but only until next time I select a print job. Then I get the same error message. This is really annoying !!!!!! Any chance of additional help??

HP Recommended

Hi Hazel,

Did you solve your problem? I have same which started when I upgraded to Catalina 10.15.7

Please let me know if you have a solution?

HP Recommended

Hi John,

Which Apple product do you have - and which SW is installed?

How did you delete all HP software, drivers, etc.? Via Finder or using HP SW?

I have tried everything and printer is still not working. Why the hell are there no solution published by HP???

HP Recommended

Hi there, got same issues with 4622 and newest Catalina! Newest driver installed, no solution till now...Hendrik

HP Recommended

While this solution did allow me to print, it is far from a satisfactory solution. Now I must use a USB cable. Scanning is no longer possible. I had to completely delete all traces of HP files. The HP Device Monitor was hogging up CPU usage, and would eventually make the mouse stop working. Clearly, HP has not addressed the issue concerning the Mac Catalina update, as far as I know.

Fortunately I do not do a lot of printing or scanning, but I now have a printer that is only about 25% operational. Not what I would expect from HP. I've been researching other makes of printers such as Brother, Canon and Epson. I suspect that I will choose one of these in the coming months. This episode has left me totally against any HP product. Very unfortunate.

HP Recommended

Well, this is what I found out today: with Catalina 10.15.7. is was (probably) able to change and use the WPA2+WPA3 Mixed Modus in my FritzBox. After setting the FritzBox (via Browser) back to WPA2 Only Standard I'm able to use the 4620 as before. So the issue is straight forward: WPA Mixed Mode doesn't work yet. Of course I expect a new firmware or driver solution, dear HPs!!! Safety first!

Hendrik Gosmann

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.