Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer - N911g

I'm getting this message: Printer Failure. There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn printer off, then on. Reconnect. 

I've done this. I think it's the ink cartridge but I can't get to that screen on my printer. You've sent private messages to other people who asked this question. Please post this response so we all can see it.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @KayB1,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've already tried some basic troubleshooting steps by turning the printer off and on. If you suspect the issue might be related to the ink cartridge, here are a few more steps you can try.

• Check Ink Cartridges: Open the printer cover and check the ink cartridges. Make sure they are properly installed and seated correctly. Sometimes, ink cartridges can become loose or dislodged, causing issues with the ink system.
  • Clean Cartridge Contacts: If the cartridges seem fine, you can try cleaning the electrical contacts on the cartridges and inside the printer. Use a clean, lint-free cloth lightly dampened with distilled water to gently wipe the contacts.
  • Reset the Printer: Try resetting the printer to clear any error messages. You can usually do this by turning off the printer, unplugging it from the power source, waiting for a minute or two, and then plugging it back in and turning it on again.
  • Update Firmware/Driver: Sometimes, updating the printer's firmware or driver can resolve issues like this. Check the HP website for any available updates for your printer model and follow the instructions to install them.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.