Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet1510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to connect my Windows 10 64 bit PC to my  Deskjet 1150 via USB cable but HP Smart reports 'no printers available'. It has connected OK before, a long while ago. I believe the spooler is missing, it has been lost from the PC   

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@clayto2, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

HP Smart app works only if the printer is connected wirelessly. As you are using a USB cable, you need to download and use the full-featured drivers.

Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note: Connect the USB cable only when prompted by the software.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. I had not realised Smart was only for PCs  connected by WiFi. I have downloaded the software as you advised BUT I cannot find a link to it on my PC. It is not listed in Start Menu as claimed in the instructions, there is no shortcut on the Desktop. Searching only locates the installer, and when this is clicked the the software is not launched, so I still cannot connect to my printer. Further advice will be appreciated!

clayto2

HP Recommended

@clayto2

The link mentioned in my previous post will take you to the driver download page. Click on download. Once downloaded, double-click on the file to start the driver installation.

If the installation does not initiate, check if your internet security software is blocking it. You may disable it until the software installation is complete.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Some, but not much, progress, as follows: 

DJ 150_Basic.X64_188.exe  downloaded and run but Windows Settings lists the Printer then but reports "Driver unavailable'', and printer has configuration problem: Ox800706ba

There is no HP icon in the Start menu, except for Support Assistant, which when run reports the Printer as "unavailable"  and it is not  listed , yet it is connected by USB  

Devices and Printers shows the printer but without an icon

With a scanning app I am able to SCAN, thus showing there IS a connection via cable, but I cannot print what has been scanned

HP Recommended

@clayto2

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.