Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
deskjet 1513
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The last two times I printed something an error message popped out on the right lower corner of the desktop saying printer error, could not print whatever I was printing then printed it anyway. There have been no changes made to my computer since the last Windows update. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@rwalton31

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

That's great, I'm glad its working for now,

Perhaps, I'm the lucky charm your device needed 😉

That said, feel free to reply, if and when you have any issues (along with the error code/message) for further assistance.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@rwalton31

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the printer has an error,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

What exactly is the error code or message?

Did you check if the copier works as a stand alone printer?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Since, I'm not sure what the error message is about,
I recommend you Click here and select the articles under Errors & Lights on product, that best suits your requirement.

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve, 

That said, If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok, I just tried printing some text to see exactly what the error message said but it printed without a problem. Like I said, twice in a row I got an error message BUT both times the project printed  regardless of the error message. Now it just printed fine. Maybe a fluke thing but it is still working.

HP Recommended

@rwalton31

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

That's great, I'm glad its working for now,

Perhaps, I'm the lucky charm your device needed 😉

That said, feel free to reply, if and when you have any issues (along with the error code/message) for further assistance.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.