Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9135e All-in-One Printer
macOS 12.0 Monterey

My printer becomes unavailable continuously.

Earlier this year I bought a Mac mini   and started having this problem with my printer.  I renewed my support agreement for about $100.00.  Support helped me 

1  Remove the printer from my Mac and shut it down 

2 unplug the printer

3 reinstall the printer  

That works for a few days.

I bought a new printer and had the same problem. $400.00

I bought a new router $150.00 and have the same problem 

every few days I use the shut down process.   

I haver 2 iPhones and 2 iPads that use the same wifi network and they never loose their connection.   I have gone thru my applications several times and have shut down my vpn, and my  antivirus software

It appears that MY only solution is to buy a cable and connect which means I can;t use the ink and paper program

There must be a better solution

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @DanMcCarter,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've been dealing with quite a frustrating issue with your HP Officejet Pro 9135e printer becoming unavailable on your Mac mini. Since you've tried various troubleshooting steps, including reinstalling the printer, changing routers, and checking for potential software conflicts, it's understandable that you're seeking a more permanent solution.

Here are a few additional steps you might consider.

• Firmware Update: Ensure that your printer's firmware is up to date. Sometimes, outdated firmware can cause connectivity issues.
  • Static IP Address: Assign a static IP address to your printer. This can help ensure that your Mac always knows where to find the printer on the network. You can usually set this up in your router's settings.
  • Network Troubleshooting: Run network diagnostics on your Mac to see if any underlying network issues are causing the printer to drop offline.
  • Firewall and Security Settings: Double-check your firewall and security settings to ensure they're not blocking the printer's communication.
  • HP Smart App: Consider using the HP Smart app for macOS, which might offer more stable connectivity compared to the standard printer drivers.

If none of these solutions work, using a cable connection as a last resort might indeed provide a more stable connection, albeit sacrificing the convenience of wireless printing. However, it's worth exhausting all possible troubleshooting steps before resorting to that.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @DanMcCarter,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've been dealing with quite a frustrating issue with your HP Officejet Pro 9135e printer becoming unavailable on your Mac mini. Since you've tried various troubleshooting steps, including reinstalling the printer, changing routers, and checking for potential software conflicts, it's understandable that you're seeking a more permanent solution.

Here are a few additional steps you might consider.

• Firmware Update: Ensure that your printer's firmware is up to date. Sometimes, outdated firmware can cause connectivity issues.
  • Static IP Address: Assign a static IP address to your printer. This can help ensure that your Mac always knows where to find the printer on the network. You can usually set this up in your router's settings.
  • Network Troubleshooting: Run network diagnostics on your Mac to see if any underlying network issues are causing the printer to drop offline.
  • Firewall and Security Settings: Double-check your firewall and security settings to ensure they're not blocking the printer's communication.
  • HP Smart App: Consider using the HP Smart app for macOS, which might offer more stable connectivity compared to the standard printer drivers.

If none of these solutions work, using a cable connection as a last resort might indeed provide a more stable connection, albeit sacrificing the convenience of wireless printing. However, it's worth exhausting all possible troubleshooting steps before resorting to that.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for this detailed answer.   Un am working on several of the items and will reply as soon as I am able

Dan 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.