Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5640
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I've been attempting to print some of my art as stickers on glossy sticker paper, but no matter what settings I choose, the print quality is always incredibly bad. It's quite hard to describe, so I've enclosed an image that compares sections of the original art to photos of the print quality of the same sections. Example Images 

Essentially, the only way I can describe what is happening is that my printer is somehow printing the line art of the drawings slightly above the block colours, so it gives the impression that the line art was layered on top of the colours poorly, and I'm not really sure how that's possible, or how to fix it? As a secondary issue, right at the end of the print job, it tends to smudge. It's done this in the past, but today it was so bad it left the images with massive blemishes. (Changing the print quality from 'normal' to 'best' did improve this, but there's still some obvious smudging in some places.)

The settings I've been using are:

Paper Size: A4

Quality: Best (previously normal)

Paper Type: HP Glossy Brochure and Professional Paper/Other Glossy Inkjet Paper (both produce the same result)

The paper I'm using is not by HP, but is designed for inkjet and laser printers. When printing on normal paper, it also does this odd colour misalignment but its less obvious, though that's probably because it's mainly used for printing text based documents. Let me know if you need anymore info.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Make sure the color, paper type, paper size, and quality settings are correct for your print job. Below is the URL for the steps that should be of help.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-envy-5640-e-all-in-one-printer-series/6583033/document/ish_2...

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Make sure the color, paper type, paper size, and quality settings are correct for your print job. Below is the URL for the steps that should be of help.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-envy-5640-e-all-in-one-printer-series/6583033/document/ish_2...

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks, have managed not to have had this problem before so wasn't even aware of what to look up in order to fix it  😅 Cleaned the cartridges and recalibrated the printer and it seems pretty good now!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.