Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 5255 All-in-One Printer
macOS 10.15 Catalina

My OfficeJet 5255 All-in-One Printer is not printing completely. For example, if I try to print a page that has a box, it prints the box, but not the content that is in the box. I've tried cleaning the print heads, but that has not helped.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @bobldds,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing some frustrating printing issues. When a printer fails to print certain parts of a document, especially graphical elements like boxes, it can be due to various reasons. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try.

• Check Print Settings: Ensure that the print settings are configured correctly. Sometimes, the printer settings may be set to print only specific elements or certain pages of a document. Make sure the entire page is selected for printing.
  • Update Printer Drivers: Outdated or corrupted printer drivers can cause printing issues. Visit the HP website and download the latest drivers for your OfficeJet 5255 printer. Install them on your computer and see if it resolves the problem.
  • Check Ink Levels: Low ink levels can affect print quality. Check the ink levels on your printer and replace any cartridges that are low or empty.
  • Alignment and Calibration: Run the alignment and calibration processes on your printer. This ensures that the print heads are properly aligned and calibrated, which can improve print quality.
  • Try Different Software: If you're printing from a specific software application (e.g., Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat), try printing from a different application to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is software-related.
  • Reset Printer: Sometimes, a simple reset can fix various issues. Turn off your printer, unplug it from the power source, wait for a few minutes, then plug it back in and turn it on again.
  • Check Paper Size and Type: Ensure that the paper size and type selected in the printer settings match the paper loaded in the printer tray. Using the wrong paper size/type settings can cause printing problems.
  • Inspect Printer Hardware: Check for any obstructions, such as bits of paper or debris, inside the printer that may be interfering with the printing process. Clean the printer thoroughly, especially around the print head area.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

You gave me several things to check out. Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi @bobldds,

Thank you for your response, 

Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.