Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 5255
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My printer is really slow like 20 to 30 minutes to print a page. It's the same thing when a make a copy. It was working really well before and this week I got this problem. I tried to change paper option, disconnect the cable, it is still really slow.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

What exact information is listed on the screen when you remove and reload the paper?

Please remove and re-insert the paper, then clarify the EXACT message shown on the screen or include a picture of it.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Well, it's written in french 

Papier ordinaire, Letter (8,5x11)

Pour changer la taille ou le type, touchez "Modifier"

Pour accepter, toucher "ok"

HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying @Marie-Michelle,

Let’s try isolating the ink cartridges, to deny any possible cartridge failure which may cause such slowness.

Remove the black cartridge, lower down its upper latch and close the door, then try printing with the color cartridge only and evaluate the print speed.

Now repeat the same with the ctri-color cartridge installed and check again.

May you get faster printing once removing any specific cartridge from the printer?

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thanks for your support!

I removed the black cartridge and printed at good speed. I put it back and tried to do the same with the color cartridge but does't want to print but I guess the problem is the black cartridge. 

HP Recommended

I finally changed the cartridges and it works now.

Thanks a lot!!

HP Recommended

You’re much welcome @Marie-Michelle.

Please ensure the ink levels are not low and check the warranty end date listed on the cartridge itself.

If the cartridge is still within its warranty period, you may contact the store and send the cartridge to HP for inspection through the store and claim its warranty, if applicable:

https://support.hp.com/sg-en/document/ish_2453821-1839525-16

Regards,

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.