cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
ebethcorey
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printer tray setting

HP Recommended
HP 7740
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Trying to print on Tabloid from tray 2 and printer keeps selecting tray 1 then gives me an error message.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Kumar0307
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,069 18,068 1,252 1,474
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ebethcorey, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Which app are you printing from?

By default, the printer draws paper from Tray 1. If Tray 1 is empty and Tray 2 is installed and contains paper, the printer draws paper from Tray 2.

You can change the behaviors using the following features:

● Default Tray: Set the default tray from which the printer draws paper first when paper of the same size is loaded in both Tray 1 and Tray 2.

● Tray Lock: Lock a tray to prevent it from accidental use; for example, when you have loaded special paper (such as letterhead or preprinted paper). The printer will not use a locked tray even when the other tray is empty.

Refer to this document to know how to load papers in tray 2.

For more info, you may refer to page 14 on the user guide.

Update the printer firmware

Go to Setup > Printer maintenance > Update the printer

Also, check for any software updates on MAC

Click the Apple icon > About This Mac > Software Update and install any available update.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation