Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 2300 All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

My printer started to print grayscale images with some green tint. Although I'm low on Ink there still some Cyan, Yellow and Magenta left (since the clean printerheads sheet shows the three colors plus black). Is there a way to calibrate my printer colors to use a little more magenta or something like that? (Or maybe another way)

Printer: HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 2300 All-In-One
Cartridges: Original (not recharged)

Year of acquisition: 2020

Scanned image (cut) for demonstration purpose.

Scanned image (cut)Scanned image (cut)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@roderickdasilva

Welcome to the HP support community.

Run a Print Quality Diagnostic report

Use a Print Quality Diagnostic report to check if the printhead or ink cartridges need to be cleaned or if there is an alignment issue.

1. Load plain white paper in the tray.

2. Print the report.

• Printers with a touchscreen or menus: On the printer, open the Settings or Setup menu, touch Tools or Reports, and then touch Print Quality Report or similar.

• Printers without a touchscreen or menus: Go to 123.hp.com or your app store to install the HP Smart app. Click the picture of your printer on the home screen to open printer management options that include the report.

Print quality report

3. Check for issues indicated on the report, and then follow the instructions provided to resolve the issue.

If that does not print fine, follow the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix the issue:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several other

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Print report shows no issues at all. Everything seems to be normal, but if I try a grayscale print there's a lack of magenta to balance shades. Grays still looking sort of green (slightly), maybe is something related to the color management. I'll see what happens when I buy new cartridges.
Thanks for the support. 

HP Recommended

@roderickdasilva

This seems to be a driver issue:-

Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer-related software.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Restart the PC again.

Download and install printer driver using HP Smart app

Click here to download.

Update the printer firmware

Here are the steps:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.