Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I would like to add that there should be warnings coming with these printers that what you do initially, especially locking the UI is non reversable. Most people when getting a new printer in a smaller business without dedicated IT personel will try to get the thing up and working as soon as possible and in this case do something that there's no way out of.  Maybe there are such warnings and the guy/gal who set it up didn't read it all? How shocking and unusual would that be

HP Recommended
Hi there,

I understand.

The choices there are:
Asking for a password by default for users already setup. Or removing the sign in option when a user isn't set. Right?

I am not sure what user interaction studies have shown, but I think that the option is initially meant for support technicians onsite to do servicing with specialized privileges.

Thank you
HP Recommended

;

HP Recommended
I think I replied to the wrong forum question. Sorry
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.