Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Crazy!  My situation is almost identical.  This time it is also with HP Easy Start.  Printing and scanning were fine before I did the HP upgrade yesterday.  Now, only scanning works.  What's up, HP?  Can I somehow return to the former driver?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Dinodozer,

I'd like to help!

Try updating mac and printer firmware

To update the printer's firmware, refer - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

To update Mac, try these steps - How to update the software on your Mac

Uninstall the printer software -

1. Click Finder in the Dock.

2. In the menu bar, click Go, click Applications, and then open the HP or Hewlett Packard folder.

a) If HP Uninstaller is in the folder, double click it, and then follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the software.

b) If HP Uninstaller is not in the folder, continue to the next step.

3. Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the Dock.

4. In the menu bar, click Go, click Go to Folder, type /Library/Printers, then click Go.

The Printers folder opens.

5. Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the Dock.

6. Restart the Mac.

7. Right-click or Ctrl + click the Trash icon, and then select Empty Trash.

Install the printer software Software and drivers for HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515 All-in-One Printer

You can also install the HP Smart App and print and scan using the app.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I hope this helps someone down the road.  I decided that this issue was an HP software bug.  I saw an article

"Fix HP Printer issue on macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here."

It was not the error message I received; however, it pointed to the issue being HP software.  That article points to an uninstaller for HP software.  I uninstalled the HP software and then loaded the printer driver from Apple.   Printed a testpage successfully!  I'd like to upgrade to Big Sur.  Is there an HP1515 driver that will work available yet?  Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @Dinodozer,

I'd like to help!

Try updating mac and printer firmware

To update the printer's firmware, refer - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

To update Mac, try these steps - How to update the software on your Mac

Uninstall the printer software -

1. Click Finder in the Dock.

2. In the menu bar, click Go, click Applications, and then open the HP or Hewlett Packard folder.

a) If HP Uninstaller is in the folder, double click it, and then follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the software.

b) If HP Uninstaller is not in the folder, continue to the next step.

3. Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the Dock.

4. In the menu bar, click Go, click Go to Folder, type /Library/Printers, then click Go.

The Printers folder opens.

5. Click and drag the HP or Hewlett Packard folder to the Trash icon in the Dock.

6. Restart the Mac.

7. Right-click or Ctrl + click the Trash icon, and then select Empty Trash.

Install the printer software Software and drivers for HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515 All-in-One Printer

You can also install the HP Smart App and print and scan using the app.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

It was the HP Easy Start application that prevented printing.  Once I removed it and updated drivers from Apple for HP1515 in Catalina, the printer worked.  Now I want to upgrade to Big Sur.  O'boy 🙂

HP Recommended

I am glad the solution worked.

If you update mac to BigSur, you will still have to uninstall the drivers and install the updated drivers to install the printer.

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

I did a couple of things today.  1) Purchased an HP 2775 at a local business.  2) Came home and installed Big Sur on my laptop.  3) Tested printing on HP1515 without changing a thing.  Pages printed successfully!

HP Recommended

That's great! Happy to hear that.

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Please click “Accepted Solution” on my public post if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended
Thanks for your help!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.