Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi BlakTron, 

Please contact support again at 800-474-6836, and if the agents still unable to assist you with this reset please ask to speak to a supervisor. Regionlization has nothing to do with the warranty on the printer. Doesn't matter if you are out of warranty the regionalization is always offered to the customers. If you speak to a supervisor, and are still unsuccessful with getting the printer regionalized please let me know, and I will get this issue taken care of. Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

"My Regionalize HP Photosmart B210a Inkjet Printer I bought in Spain now in USA and can't get ink. I see why I can't get HP's email address when they do business this way. I was told all I could do is buy another printer. I bought my last HP product." I will most likely be throwing it in the landfill as it is of no use to anyone in the USA.  Thinking of setting up website site to get this out to the World the way HP does business.  

HP Recommended

Hi

I also have a HP Photosmart Printer which I bought in Dubai, I called the agents to ask for it to be regionalised and they couldn't get the hidden menu to appear, I escalated it to the complaints department and still no luck.  All they said is they can only offer me a discount if I buy a new printer.  The whole thing has totally put me off buying HP ever again, I went out and bought an Epson printer instead.  I feel like I've totally wasted my money buying the HP one as although it's out of warranty it's still virtually new.  All the agents kept saying is there is nothing they can do as the buttons on the front of the printer were not working, well if I hadn't moved country I would never have had to use those buttons so would never have known they were not working anyway.  They just wouldn't budge whatsoever and said there is no one else to complain to and there is nothing they can do.

HP Recommended

called support no help and was told no supervisor I could talk too.  Need to regionalization for  photosmart B210a from spain to USA.

HP Recommended

Hi 8704tech & tinahammond211,

I saw your post and forwarded it to the right people for their review. You should hear back from someone shortly.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Re-regionalization has nothing to do with "the country you’re in." It only has to do with the country where you purchase your cartridges. You may have a printer purchased in South Africa, which you are using in Kenya, but the cartridges for which you purchase in the USA. In this case you will need to have your printer regionalized for the USA, even though that is not the country you are in.

The need for such may easily arise if your organization or company moves the said printer around the world from time to time. One cannot keep changing the regionalization (3 times is the limit) so the company will need to decide where they will be purchasing the printer's cartridges.

You will need more than is mentioned in most posts. You need to have cartridges in the printer that have ink and are working with the current regional setting. You will also need a full set of original HP cartridges for the new region you wish to change to. If the printer has wireless capabilities, you will need to have the printer connected to the computer via a cable, not via wireless.

If you need to contact HP customer service in the USA, and you are not in the USA, you do not need to pay for an international call (remember this call will take 30 to 60 mins), you can contact the HP toll free number via Skype for free.

HP Recommended

Complete and utter disgrace on the part of HP. I bought my HP 3050 in the UK, moved to Canada and I'm in the same situation. I'm just going to order a set of remanufaactured cartridges from the UK, and also order SEVERAL REFILL KITS. Been refilling my Canon printer with refill kits and they work great. i recommend people do this instead of dealing with these jokers.

I'll be making sure I avoid all HP products in the future.

Complete braindead company and a complete dunderhead, underhand way to do business. Bunch of jokers.

HP Recommended

You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi pcwizard,

I'm wondering if you still work for HP and would be able to help me with a similar problem to the other posters?  I have a HP Printer (and laptop that I'm quite satisfied with although frustrated with HP at the moment) that I bought outside of the US and now can't get the cartridges I bought in the US to work.  I just spent time on the phone with two different technicians and was first told it was outside of their scope and then that the regionalization reset was not possible.

Any chance you could help connect me to the someone who would be able to help me?

Thanks!

adnamA02

HP Recommended

Hi adnamA02,

Finding and Installing Cartridges after Moving to Another Country

Please contact support again at 800-474-6836, and if the agents still unable to assist you with this reset please ask to speak to a supervisor. Regionlization has nothing to do with the warranty on the printer. Doesn't matter if you are out of warranty the regionalization is always offered to the customers. If you speak to a supervisor, and are still unsuccessful with getting the printer regionalized please let me know, and I will get this issue taken care of.

Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.