Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have HP Envy 4520 and got the same error. Below are the steps done to sort the problem

1) Switch on your printer

2) Unplug the power cable

3) Wait for 30 seconds

4) Plug the power cable

5) Wait for 30 seconds

6) Unplug the power cable

7) Wait for 30 seconds

😎 Plug the power cable

9) Try printing when the printer is ready

Basically you are removing the power to your printer twice before trying to print.

regards

HP Recommended

Does not work for me.

This is a funny way to solve the problem. I have been in IT industry for around 14 years now. You can solve an out of memory issue by restarting a server one or multiple times, but can not solve a null pointer issue without fixing the data or the code.

HP Recommended

hi i have the same problem and i tried to do the reset thing but it didn’t work. It’s a brand new cartridge and i have to print something out in 3 days.

HP Recommended

Hi, believe me you are on your own. I have tried contacting HP via email but have not received any support just reply that email has been forwarded...

The only fix is to replace the defective cartridge with a new one. I think this is how HP has started generating revenue. Supply customers with defective cartridges then do not listen to grievances, at the end the customer will have to buy a new cartridge in order to use the printer.

HP Recommended

Problem Solved!

Solution: Buy a new cartridge.

Do not expect HP to support you for a defective product!

HP Recommended

do not works for me i have the HP inkjet all in one 4535 my cartridge number is 680

HP Recommended

The model is HD DJ 4530 series Model HP DeskJet 4530 series

i change the black and color cartridge number 680 bought in hp shop after clean the cartridge by hand cleaning .The ink cartridge was not recognised .I was unable to clean print head via the control panel.I can not use the printer now.

I have also done a hard reset and still have the same issue

HP Recommended

i do everythings you said and still the same problem

HP Recommended

@Pando05, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed the steps from the document  Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am experiencing the Remove cartridge messaage . I tried the hard turn off ...still did not work

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.