Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8210
Linux

Firmware Rev.: TESPDLPP1N001.1834A.00 (newest)

How can I reset the administrator password of Embedded Web Server (EWS) on my HP OfficeJet Pro 8210?

I tried to log in with those credentials:

Username: admin

Password: Tried all possible variants

Did not work. Next step was trying to reset the whole printer to factory defaults. In first, disconnecting the network cable by unplugging it of the printer. Once done:

1. Variant: Setup -> Network -> Restore Network Settings
  2. Variant: Service Menu* -> Resets Menu -> Partial reset
  3. Variant: Service Menu* -> Resets Menu -> Semi-full reset
  4. Variant: Engineering Menu** -> Resets Menu -> Semi-full reset
  5. Variant: Engineering Menu** -> Resets Menu -> OOBE reset***

* Service Menu: Pressing the "Back"-button four times in a row

** Engineering Menu: Probably not allowed to post this here

*** OOBE reset: Out Of Box Experience

Unfortunately, none of these approaches has worked. What can I do to reset the password? Maybe the NVRAM has to be resetted?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ews2.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: Six hours later and still no success!

Now I am getting a bit disappointed... 😞 I tried everything to reset the Administrator Password of Embedded Web Server.

Any more ideas?

Maybe the NVRAM has to be resetted? A special serial number is required for that...

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

1. From the printer control panel, from the Home screen, select Setup, and then press OK.
  2. Select Tools, and then press OK.
  3. Select Restore, and then press OK.
  4. A warning message appears which indicates all configured settings will be deleted and the original factory settings will be restored. Press the OK button to continue.

For a Wireless connection be sure to run the Wireless Setup Wizard to reconfigure the wireless connection.

Now check for any difference accessing the EWS page.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for your answer!

You said:

1. From the printer control panel, from the Home screen, select Setup, and then press OK.
  2. Select Tools, and then press OK.
  3. Select Restore, and then press OK.

In my case, within "Tools" there is no option "Restore" available? In "Tools" I only see the options "Clean Printhead", "Align Printer" and "Update the Printer".

Firmware version is TESPDLPP1N001.1834A.00

HP Recommended

You are welcome @Walli!

If you do not see the Restore option please try selecting Setup > Network > Restore Network Settings instead and check if that may remove the password.

Note: if the printer is connected with Ethernet be sure to unplug the cable prior restoring the network settings, once done reconnect the cable and check.

If that doesn't resolve the problem please let me know so I may guide some additional steps to try privately.

Cheers,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Once again - thank you so much for your extremely kind help @ShlomiL! I appreciate it!

You said:

If you do not see the Restore option please try selecting Setup > Network > Restore Network Settings instead and check if that may remove the password.

Here we go: I unplugged the network cable, restored the network settings, semi-full resetted the printer. Then I plugged in the network cable again and restarted the printer.

Although the option Setup > Network > Restore Network Settings claims to remove the EWS Administrator Password ([...] and the administrator password for the embedded web server will be resetted [...]), it does not either.

The password is still existent, see lock symbols in the screenshot:

ews2.png

I don't know what to do... 😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.