Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I am receiving the same message within the same time frame; additionally, I am no longer able to fax---why in the world would you PM the answer when so many users are having issues. Please make the response and fix public.

HP Recommended

The solution I used was not posted by me. It was done by RiderPro. Please understand that parochial comments not researched first should likely not be made by neophytes. Also, Grandma always told me you would catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

HP Recommended

I am unwilling to turn off two-step verification. Do you have another, better, suggestion?

HP Recommended

I also have the same problem that just cropped up recently.  I have used 2FA with gmail for some time, and my HP 8720 used to work fine using Google's App Password feature that's designed just for this application.

HP Recommended

i would like an answer too!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem on Office365 using an 8730 printer. In my case I don't have 2FA setup. The same O365 credentials work fine from a Linux server.

I agree with a previous post that it'd be useful to show the logs to make us less reliant on HP for support or a fix - I'm not holding my breath!

HP Recommended

I bought an HP Officejet Pro All in One 9015 specifically for the scan to email feature.

I have a basic email account specifically setup to send emails from this device using an email server that just works on other copiers/apps.

I'm 100% sure I have the credentials correct. The password is 12 characters.

HP is supposed to be an industry leader and this is basic functionality. FIGURE. IT. OUT.

HP Recommended

So I just bought a Laserjet Pro MFP M428fdw. Ran into the incorrect credentials. Figured out a way around it.

Disable two-step verification

Disable Yahoo Account Key (so you can sign in with password)

Under the Account Security tab, at the bottom you'll find "Generate app password" - click it.

Drop down Menu, select Other App, type in HP and hit Generate

Put the Generated Password in your HP "Server Authentication password box (spaces not necessary)

Click next and run the test.

For my settings:

SMTP Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com

SMTP Port - 465

"Always use secure connection" is checked

And obviously use requires authentication to type your email user and new generated pass.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much RiderPro!! This worked for me. It ended up being the second google setting I had to change. The "Allow Less Secure Apps". I can't tell you how much I appreciate this - I've been trying to get it to work for weeks. You rock!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.