Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M281fdw

My printer started an auto update of firmware. Partially through, the update appeared to stop and now receiving "Supply problem" error message with "question marks" on all 4 cartridges. The cartridges were a few months old and have had no problem printing until the firmware update. I have since replaced all cartridges with the same issue. Has anyone seen this and can you suggest how to fix?

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hello,

Kindly check your INBOX ( click the ENVELOPE icon on top right of this page ) for steps that should fix the issue.

Let me know if the steps worked for you.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Can you send me what you recommended as i am having the same issue. Thx

HP Recommended

Hello,
Kindly check your INBOX [ click on the ENVELOPE icon on top-right corner of this page ] to access steps that should fix.
Let me know if it worked for you.

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

can you send this to me as well? I have the same problem.

HP Recommended

Hello Kristimay,

I'd suggest to disable IPv6 and DHCP6.

In order to disable IPv6 on the Printer, use a web browser to navigate to the IP Address of the Printer.  Once there, click on the networking tab, choose Networking Settings.  There you will see a checkbox that says "IPv6".  Uncheck that box, similarly uncheck the DHCP6 and click apply.

Now connect printer on network ana check if error still persist. 

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

ok i have disabled the ipv6 and the dhcp6. and I am still getting the error on the printer. what is the next suggestion.?

HP Recommended

Turn off the printer.

Wait for 30 seconds

Now power on the printer. 

It should work

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

still showing supply problem on the printer. what am i missing?

HP Recommended

Can you send me what you recommended as i am having the same issue. Thx

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.