Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Smart Tank 7602 All-in-One

I have a Mac Sonoma 14.4.1  and changed from Office Jet Pro8710 to this Smart Tank but am not happy with the PAPER FEED SYSTEM.  I just tried to print a 4x6 photo and it cut off the heads and left a big white space at the bottom.  I readjusted the pile of photo paper and then it cut off the TOP of the heads and pushed through several photo papers with no printing on and then said there was a paper jam.  It often says there's a paper jam when there isn't.  I find that when I pull the paper tray out and push it in again the jam is magically fixed.  I'm planning on printing a number of pictures and this is exasperating & expensive!   Can anyone give me a solution? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Dawn7,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

To resolve the issues of pictures being cut off when printing 4x6 photos and printer jams on your HP Smart Tank 7602, follow these steps:

Issue 1: Pictures Cut Off When Printing 4x6 Photos

Check Paper Size Settings:

• Make sure the printer settings match the paper size.
  • Open the document or photo you want to print.
  • Click File > Print.
  • Click Properties or Preferences to open the printer settings window.
  • Ensure that the paper size is set to 4x6 inches.

Adjust Photo Size:

• Check the photo size and ensure it matches the 4x6 dimensions.
  • Use photo editing software

to adjust the photo to fit within the 4x6 frame without cutting off important parts.

Borderless Printing:

• Enable borderless printing if your printer supports it.
  • In the printer settings window, look for an option like Borderless Printing or Print without Borders and enable it.
  • This option is often found under the Paper/Quality or Layout tab.

Printer Firmware and Driver Update:

• Ensure your printer's firmware and driver are up to date.
  • Visit the HP Support website to check for updates and install any available firmware or driver updates for your HP Smart Tank 7602.

Issue 2: Printer Jams

Check for Paper Jams:

• Turn off the printer and disconnect it from the power source.
  • Open the printer and carefully remove any jammed paper.
  • Check the paper path and rollers for any remaining bits of paper.

Use the Correct Paper Type:

• Ensure you are using the correct type of paper for printing 4x6 photos.
  • Use high-quality photo paper designed for inkjet printers.

Load Paper Correctly:

• Make sure the paper is loaded correctly in the paper tray.
  • Adjust the paper width guides to fit snugly against the edges of the paper without bending it.
  • Avoid overloading the paper tray.

Clean the Paper Rollers:

• Dust and debris on the paper rollers can cause jams.
  • Open the printer and gently clean the paper rollers with a lint-free cloth dampened with water.

Printer Maintenance:

• Perform regular maintenance tasks such as cleaning the print head and aligning the printer.
  • Use the printer's built-in maintenance tools available through the printer software or control panel.

By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the issues of pictures being cut off when printing 4x6 photos and printer jams on your HP Smart Tank 7602.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.