Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet 7500A in which the touch screen (also called the touchpad I think) simply became unresponsive on the right side. The features on the left side of the touch screen work. This means I can no longer fax. I would like to get the panel replaced OR I'd love information on how I can control the entire printer (I know how to print from the computer but not fax) via software. I'm on a Mac. I'd appreciate any and all information. This is no longer under warranty but I'd be willing to spend a little money fixing, as not only do I have the printer but a bunch of expensive ink. Thanks in advance.

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

I would first see if we can't resolve this by performing a hard reset of the printer, to do that remove the power cord from the machine for thirty seconds and then plug it back in and power it on. After that if it is still unresponsive check the website below for firmware updates that might apply to the printer :

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=4083652

-Spencer 

Also, can you tell me if your printer front panel is displaying the information correctly and is non responsive or if it is not displaying the information at all?

HP Recommended

I tried all the reset options. They did not work. The problem is that HALF the screen does not work, which leads me to conclude there's a hardware, NOT a software issue. The screen itself is broken. It's probably a fuse. I can make most things work via software but I just wish I could replace the touchscreen. Thanks. 

HP Recommended

If the hardware is the issue then the only recourse you will have is to consult HP technical support directly through the phone line. If your printer is within warranty it will be able to be replaced and depending on the model may otherwise qualify you for an upgrade. 

-Spencer 

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem. Half the screen stopped working. Did you ever figure out how to fix it? My closest repair center is a 5 hour drive.

HP Recommended

I basically found out that it's not fixable.. or fixable for more than the printer is worth. I can do everything but fax, which is disappointing, but I've found a workaround (scanning usually works). HP, btw, never got back to me. Lousy customer service. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I never fax from it thankfully, and I can still scan via the computer, but, it's just irritating.

It was still under warranty when it stopped working, but my options of "warranty" didn't make logistical sense.

HP Recommended

you can definitely scanned from the computer because I've done it. If mine were under warranty I would replace it. It's just irritating because I know it has to be a very small fuse or something

HP Recommended

There is no service repair where I am. I must 'get it to Mexico City' ---- and then wait for it to be fixed (?) which isn't a one day project, then get it back to where I am, 5 hours South.

Price of gas, tolls, time, overnight stay? or more? or return trip, etc. for a "FREE" warranty service.......well, you get my point.

And, yes, as I mentioned, I can still scan from my computer, so that's not an issue. The document feeder still works too, for multi-page scanning. Can't make a photo copy from the device either, but, can print ok via wireless....as we both said, VERY frustrating.....especially when they ask you to jump through hoops to "TEST" to see if it's a software issue.

It's a hardware problem!

HP Recommended

I know this is a very old thread, but just popping it back to the top to see if anyone has successfully found a replacement touchpad? I was lucky enough to find another 7500 at a yard sale for $5 (people didn't know if it worked or not) - and figured I could use the touchpad on that one for my "Mexico" printer, but, alas, that one worked perfectly,  so I don't want to disassemble it. It will remain in the U.S. for my printing needs when I'm there. Not to mention, it wouldn't fit in my checked luggage!

So, back to the question, is the touch pad a purchasable part from HP? Anyone?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.