Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I  bought the printer last year in August and after 6 months of usage, it started having problems with wireless printing. I had to always use USB to print from my laptop so I was recommended by people in this forum to reset my printer to factory.

I reset it many times and nothing worked so I was advised to do it using the cancel button and middle button which reset the printer. Now the problem is it says 'Use SETUP cartridges' and my printer is not in warantee anymore, it expired last month! I am really confused about what to do. I am a student and I always have work to printout and I can't afford a new printer. The calling support has no clue what to do and email support doesn't work because of my warantee expiring.

My printer is a HP Deskjet 3070a Wireless. Product number is CQ191B.

I really need help as the new college year has started and I already have loads of assignments to print out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi ExPLOiT786

Dragon-Fur asked me to chime in with this one. I'm going to send you a private message on this to help follow up.

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27

View solution in original post

87 REPLIES 87
HP Recommended

Hi ExPlOiT786 ,

Welcome to the HP Forum.

The only place you can get the special "Setup Cartridges" is directly from HP.  These cartridges are not for sale as a normal retail item.

You can call HP Tech Support -- explain that you did a Reset on the printer and now you need a set of "Setup " cartridges so you can use the printer again.

Contact HP - Worldwide

Contact HP – USA / Canada  - Phone Assistance

Hope this helps!

Click the Kudos Star!

It is a great “Thank You” for the Experts who offer to help!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
I have tried those link and it tells me that support is only available for products in warrantee, my warrantee ran out exactly a month ago.
HP Recommended

ExPlOiT786,

I think you can do this if you can get to a "live" person on the phone.

Try a different menu option -- for example, select to talk to Sales.  The point is to get someone to talk to you so you can explain what has happened.  Once you talk to a live person, they should be able to connect you with the right department. 

This is supposition on my part; I do not work for HP.  "Menu-hopping" has worked for me when I have an odd issue for which there is no exact 'menu option' selection.

Good Luck!

Click the Kudos Star!

It is a great “Thank You” for the Experts who offer to help!

Edits:  01 Oct 2013

I have put in a call for the Calvary to get some more eyes on this issue.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi ExPLOiT786

Dragon-Fur asked me to chime in with this one. I'm going to send you a private message on this to help follow up.

Ciara

HP Recommended

Thanks, Ciara!

dancing_dragon1.jpg

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hey Ciara,

The same thing has recently happened to me, whenever I try to print the Use SETUP Cartridges error on printer has appeared and I was wondering if you could help me?

HP Recommended

Hi Will, which printer model do you have? Thanks, Ciara

HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 3070 B611 Series
Serial Number is[Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended
And the model number is CQ191A
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.