Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2655
Android 9 Pie

I am new to the forum, so please forgive me if I've posted in the wrong place. But......I keep getting an error message 'unable to activate this printer' even though I followed instructions and disabled and re'enabled web services. I bought it used and so apparently it's been registered previously , I thought disabling the web services would remove that, or am I having a problem separate from that?

In fact I went back and looked  here's the exact mssg: unable to add printer to your account. Your enrollment is incomplete 

Try again later or visit instant ink @ hp  to add

I've done those and no matter how many 'later' times I try, I get same message. Now I'm just pulling my hair out!!🙄

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @Sassyspy, Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I understand you have issues enrolling your printer in the instant ink problem.

Don't worry I'll try my best to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Splendid analysis and remarkable patience shown. It is immensely appreciated.

Go to hpinstantink.com/signin (the HP Connected website) to sign in to your HP Instant Ink account, if you are not signed in already.

On your HP Instant Ink account page, review the following HP Instant Ink account information.

Print History: View the date and number of pages printed, and download invoices from completed billing cycles.

Account History: View detailed information about HP Instant Ink shipments, including the shipment date, shipment tracking numbers, and any additional charges. Also find enrollment and cancellation dates, promotional and referral discounts, and all historical transactions for your account.

Refer this article to know more information about checking instant ink account information. Click Here

Refer this article to know more information about instant ink enrollment. Click Here

Try disabling the web services on your printer to solve the issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you listed below: 

Disable Web Services:

1. On your printer control panel, touch or press the HP ePrint icon or button, and then touch or press Settings.

If your printer control panel does not have an icon or button, navigate to Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu, depending on your printer model.

2. Select Turn Off, Disable, or Remove, depending on your printer model.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions to turn off Web Services.

If the issue still persists try restoring the network settings to default and connect the printer back to the network using the WPS method.

Press and hold the Wireless button ( ) and the Cancel button ( ) from the printer control panel
together for three seconds.

Refer this article to know more information about the wireless setup. Click Here

Refer the printer user guide to know more information about removing web services. Click Here

Note: Refer page 41 for more information.

Also, refer this article to know more information about using HP connected account. Click Here

Note: Refer FAQ section for more information.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. Please share the instant ink account information in a private message. So I can check the account details and help you with your issue.

Instant ink account number-

Instant ink email address-

Printer serial number-

Let me know how this works!

You have a good day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @Sassyspy, Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I understand you have issues enrolling your printer in the instant ink problem.

Don't worry I'll try my best to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Splendid analysis and remarkable patience shown. It is immensely appreciated.

Go to hpinstantink.com/signin (the HP Connected website) to sign in to your HP Instant Ink account, if you are not signed in already.

On your HP Instant Ink account page, review the following HP Instant Ink account information.

Print History: View the date and number of pages printed, and download invoices from completed billing cycles.

Account History: View detailed information about HP Instant Ink shipments, including the shipment date, shipment tracking numbers, and any additional charges. Also find enrollment and cancellation dates, promotional and referral discounts, and all historical transactions for your account.

Refer this article to know more information about checking instant ink account information. Click Here

Refer this article to know more information about instant ink enrollment. Click Here

Try disabling the web services on your printer to solve the issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you listed below: 

Disable Web Services:

1. On your printer control panel, touch or press the HP ePrint icon or button, and then touch or press Settings.

If your printer control panel does not have an icon or button, navigate to Web Services Setup, Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu, depending on your printer model.

2. Select Turn Off, Disable, or Remove, depending on your printer model.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions to turn off Web Services.

If the issue still persists try restoring the network settings to default and connect the printer back to the network using the WPS method.

Press and hold the Wireless button ( ) and the Cancel button ( ) from the printer control panel
together for three seconds.

Refer this article to know more information about the wireless setup. Click Here

Refer the printer user guide to know more information about removing web services. Click Here

Note: Refer page 41 for more information.

Also, refer this article to know more information about using HP connected account. Click Here

Note: Refer FAQ section for more information.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. Please share the instant ink account information in a private message. So I can check the account details and help you with your issue.

Instant ink account number-

Instant ink email address-

Printer serial number-

Let me know how this works!

You have a good day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi thank you for your help. Followed all the steps you recommended and now I am signed up and supposedly have ink on the way to me now. 

Im having other problems, too, though so will post those to hopefully get solution. 

Thanks again

HP Recommended

@Sassyspy, Thanks for your prompt response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

I'm glad to know you were able to solve the issue.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,
Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.