Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Regarding my earlier note concerning losing part of the first line of the second page in duplex printing on OfficeJet 6500 709n under Windows 7, I believe it the same problem as the "Last line of text is cut off" issue previously reported for XP and Vista.

Workaround 1 would be pointless in this case, as the problem occurs only in duplex printing.  Workaround 2 works; it is what I tried to describe in my note.  However, it is impractical for my requirements.

Workaround 3 might work; however, when I tried to apply it, I found no HP Deskjet 990c driver listed, so I couldn't install it.  Any ideas on how to proceed?

Dave McManigal

[text removed for privacy]

HP Recommended

I haven't had previous issues with duplex printing with my HP 1320. I am still duplex printing just fine with 8.5 x 11 paper. My problem is printing on 5.5 x 8.5 (half-letter size) paper. It prints fine, however, it will not duplex. I set it to print on both sides but it will instead print on one side of 2 separate sheets.

Is there something I'm missing here, or is the 1320 incapable of duplex printing a 5.5 x 8.5 sheet of paper?

HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet Pro K5400dtn. Operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with Microsoft Office 2010.

Thanks to the one who gave the answer to select the duplex printing in preferences. That helped with one problem. Now I have no problem with duplexing, my problem is that the text (margins) on the back side when printing a book using duplex printing (other options didn't print properly) do not align properly. I had contacted HP regarding this (when I had Office Word 2007), and apparently (after a few tries at trying stuff with them) they have not totaly updated the drivers for this printer so there is nothing I can do but live with printing booklets with left margins unalligned (makes for a not very nice booklet!). Last contact with HP was in early May, it is now July. Has anyone found a problem for this?? Is there any way to print a booklet (middle fold) on 8 1/2 x 11 where the left margin front and back allign? Your help sure would be appreciated.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

My printer is a HP Officejet L7780 connected wirelessly to my HP TouchSmart 600 runing the 64-bit version of Windows7. I'm running the latest drivers from the HP web site. In Word2010 when I print a document and select two sided printing on the "Print" page, only the last page of the document is printed. If, on the "Print" page, I click on the "Printer Properties" and select duplex printing the complete document prints. My posts to Office forums, reply that it is a HP problem.

Bob Headrick have you got any magic for this problem?

HP Recommended

@AirForce9731 wrote:

My printer is a HP Officejet L7780 connected wirelessly to my HP TouchSmart 600 runing the 64-bit version of Windows7. I'm running the latest drivers from the HP web site. In Word2010 when I print a document and select two sided printing on the "Print" page, only the last page of the document is printed. If, on the "Print" page, I click on the "Printer Properties" and select duplex printing the complete document prints. My posts to Office forums, reply that it is a HP problem.

In the print box do you only have the option for manual two-sided printing? I notice on my Officejet 6500 there is no option for automatic duplex printing from Word 2010, even with the duplexer properly enabled.  The Officejet 7410 I have does give these options in Word 2010.  I will look into this a bit more. although I do not have a L7780 to test with.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Bob Headrick,

Yes, I do have a Manual duplex option and it has a collation problem the pages in a 4 page document come out (Top to bottom in the paper tray" 2/1,4/3. You have to turn each page over to get the correct collation.

I have a 4 page document. Using "Flip on Long side" and "Flip on short side" it printed all 4 pages, but the collation was wrong. It comes out "Top to bottom" , "2 of 4"/"1 of 4" and then "4 of 4"/"3 of 4". That means having to turn each page over to get the correct collation.

I have a 29 page document. Using  "Flip on Long side" and "Flip on short side" it prints only page 29.

If it'll help, I can email you the two documents I'm using.

HP Recommended

Please tell me if you were able to print inthe G85 duplex mode.  I'm trying to get my G85 to operate in WIN 7.

HP Recommended

I have a Photosmart Premium (C309g) with an auto duplex problem. Printing from Word 2007, running Vista, the printer either shrinks image on the page the significantly, or cut off the text from the top or bottom of the page.

Can anyone suggest ways to resolve this problem, please?

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.