Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 1513
Other

I have read all of the posts and recommendations for resolving the issue with the recent Mac update.  I have uninstalled using the official HP uninstaller. I have uploaded the most recent driver from HP.com.  I have done this no less than 10 times. I have contacted the apple help desk who walked me through doing it their way at least 3 times with them on the phone and viewing my screen while I was doing it.  By the end, the apple support person said he was at a loss and couldn't help me.  

It seems that some people are able to fix the issue by uninstalling and re-installing but others are not.  Is HP working to find a fix for the rest of us or is it time to go buy a Canon?  I've always preferred HP printers but I'm not about to go buy another one just to have the same thing happen. 😞

Is there a way to contact an HP help desk directly to have them help?  I haven't been able to find an HP support phone number yet.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow below version of HP Easy Start, as soon as it launches open the top HP Easy Scan menu and select Uninstall HP Software.

Follow the steps on screen and then click on Set Up New Device and follow the steps to reinstall the printer:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/ASU/HP_Easy_St...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

That link appeared to download the same driver I have tried multiple times.  But, for due diligence, I did it again with the link provided.  Same result, still get "waiting for printer to become available" when I try to print.  

HP Recommended

Same here!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.