Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart Premium C310
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello! When I try and scan something using my printer (I am attempting to start the scan in the Mac app, I am using a MacBook Air) it gives an error message as seen in the picture. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps (unplugging it, etc) and it still hasn't worked. I can confirm that the scanning bar is lighting up and moving. Thank you for your help! 🙂

Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 4.14.28 PM.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @SamWrites,

I'd like to help!

HP Photosmart Premium e-All-in-One Printer series - C310 driver for macOS 10.15 is not available from the HP website. However, you can add the printer to your computer using Apple airprint and then try scanning using image capture.

Follow the instructions to add the printer to your mac.

1. Open the Apple menu , click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

2. Look for your printer in the Printers list.

• If your printer is listed, remove the printer before you add it with AirPrint. Click the printer name, click the Minus sign , click Delete printer, and then click the Plus sign  to open the Add window.

• If your printer is not listed, click the Plus sign .

3. In the Add window, select your printer.

4. From the Use menu, select AirPrint or Secure AirPrint.

If an AirPrint option is not listed in the menu, select Generic Postscript Printer (preferred) or Generic PCL Printer.

Adding a printer to System Preferences using AirPrint

5. Click Add to complete the setup.

Follow the steps to scan using image capture-

1. Connect your scanner to your computer, then turn on your scanner.

2. In the Image Capture app  on your Mac, select your scanner in the Devices or Shared list.

If you don’t see your scanner in the list, see Set up a scanner.

3. Scan your images.

If you have a scanner with an automatic document feeder or flatbed scanner, see Scan images or documents.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.