Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8720
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

The official instructions for this paper say Select HP Everyday Photo Paper from the Paper Type menu

Well, that option doesn't appear in print dialog boxes when printing from my two Macs, one running Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, and the other running macOS 10.12 Sierra.

Mac OS X 10.11 has an option for "HP Photo Papers."

And macOS 10.12 has an option for "Photo Glossy Paper."

Neither has an option for Everyday or Premium Plus or any of the other HP special photo papers available.

I am selecting my HP printer first, and my HP printer is explicitly listed as supporting this paper type.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@stevenjklein

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• Some of the printing options are specific to printer models being used.
  • On your MAC while you print, go to the Un-named menu and select Media and Quality, under which select Paper type and chose Auto Select or HP Photo paper.

Also, try Updating the Printer firmware and macOS and check for the settings.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Click here to know how to update macOS.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.