Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro MFP M127fn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had this printer working with a Mac OSX and on that Mac with Parallels with Windows 10,  printing from either OS side.

I recently got a new Dell Windows 10-64bit machine.

I have installed, uninstalled, and re-installed the software found at:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-mfp-m127-series/5396666/model/53034...

(The series Full software)

At every point at the end of the install, the printer would sometimes print the test page, or not print it, unknown why. Then I clicked OK / Finish. And then the next thing is a message that the computer cannot communicate with the printer.

I tried printing a regular PDF document from Windows Edge,  from Acrobat Reader DC, and neither would print. 

After several more times of installing, uninstalling, reinstalling, and no results for the entire day -- a completely wasted 8 hours, literally -- I decided to simply uninstall everything.

When I uninstalled everything, with some documents still in the print queue, suddenly the two documents printed!

I then decided that I should give it one more try because maybe I just jammed up everything by installs and uninstalls, but no, I'm running into the same issue all over.

Prints test page, doesn't print anything else.

NOTE: Along the way I have also reset the wireless router, hard reset the printer by turning it on and off, and by unplugging, waiting and re-plugging the printer, and rebooting my laptop.

I'd really appreciate the right answer to this, because frankly it seems that the HP software is at fault here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @KMandal

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to print any documents from your Dell computer but the test page prints fine.

Kudos to you for trying a lot troubleshooting steps on your own.

Have you checked the print queue?

The issue you are facing sometimes happen if you have tried to install the printer multiple times.

Request you uninstall the printer by following the procedure mentioned below and install it back on the computer.

The procedure mentioned below might be complicated but will certainly work.

Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)

Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)

Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 

Click on print server properties. 

You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.

Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.

Restart the PC.

Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 

Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.

It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).

If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.

Restart the PC again. 

Download the latest full feature driver from www.hp.com/drivers and install it on the computer.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer. 

Keep me posted. 

**Click on the KUDOS Star on the left to say "thanks" for helping!**
**Please Mark a Reply "Accept As Solution" if this has resolved your issue.**
I Work On Behalf Of HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings @KMandal

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to print any documents from your Dell computer but the test page prints fine.

Kudos to you for trying a lot troubleshooting steps on your own.

Have you checked the print queue?

The issue you are facing sometimes happen if you have tried to install the printer multiple times.

Request you uninstall the printer by following the procedure mentioned below and install it back on the computer.

The procedure mentioned below might be complicated but will certainly work.

Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)

Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)

Go to devices and printers, select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top. 

Click on print server properties. 

You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there, if any.

Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.

Restart the PC.

Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box, 

Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.

It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).

If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.

Restart the PC again. 

Download the latest full feature driver from www.hp.com/drivers and install it on the computer.

Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer. 

Keep me posted. 

**Click on the KUDOS Star on the left to say "thanks" for helping!**
**Please Mark a Reply "Accept As Solution" if this has resolved your issue.**
I Work On Behalf Of HP
HP Recommended

Satish,

Thank you! 

I want to report success in printing a page after following your recommendations!

I really appreciate the help. 

There was, however, still a message that "Cannot communicate with printer" at the end of the HP software installation, which worried me a little since that was the same message I had been receiving before.

But the changes in the process were this: (1) The installer did not stop when I chose to do a wireless setup, and did not ask me to connect my USB cord, which it did in the past. and (2) The ability to print a test page of a document other than a test print, was immediately successful.

That message was worrisome, but the printer printed wirelessly after I clicked "Cancel" and closed the installer. Hopefully, nothing significant is going on.

Thank you again!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad to hear that the printer is working again. Please do observe your printer and reply for any further assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

There was  an recent update to improve the discoverability of printers when they resume from sleep mode. This update can help prevent occurrences of your printer going offline, especially for wireless connections

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3147458

Try resetting the printer & checking the connection status (details in Step3 of the link below)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04249080

The HP Print and Scan Doctor is a useful tool to diagnose and resolve printing problems

There are other tips in the link below (such as making sure the correct port is selected and creating a manual IP address connection)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04249080

Please give a Kudos if its help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.