Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Thanks people

downloaded the new firmware and driver package and now can't get the HTML config to open get an error page instead. 

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 6 at column 47: Entity 'nbsp' not defined error on line 12 at column 8: Opening and ending tag mismatch: link line 0 and head

Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Edit.

Managed to get the html config page up by cutting and pasting the address into safari.

However still no sign of the wireless printer in the printer list.

HP Recommended

Here's what helped me. My wireless connection was a WPA not a WEP. Make sure you know which one is yours.

Also, when selecting printer, please choose the P1102w  "bonjour" and not the "usb" one. Please refer to this video (between 1:46 to the end) to see what I mean.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c972ybZvZzo

HP Recommended

I had the same problem at the point of trying to add the printer it did not show up as "bonjour" only as USB.

I logged onto my router to make sure I was using the right security stuff, for me it was WEP with hexadecimal password.  This still did not work until I unplugged the printer, turned the router off and on, and then plugged the printer back in.  THen when I printed the configuration page for the printer it showed that it had an address  under IPv4:

At this point I went back to add the printer and found it showed up.  Spend a good 40 minutes to an hour trying different things, so don't give up.  Take a break and do something else for a while.  THen come back and make sure you've got the network security settings correct.  Then unplug the power to (not just turn off) the printer and your router.  Plug the router back in first, then the printer.  Hope this helps for others and not just me.

I must admit this much more difficult than I expected, but I am glad that it is possible.  I am using os10.4.11 on my desktop and 10.6.8 on my laptop, both are now working wirelessly with the printer.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

After wasting another morning trying to get this to work. Running through all the fixes posted, I've given up tryint to get this printer to work wirelessly. I've been using both MACs, PC and UNIX machines for over 20 years. 

This bit of kit isn't fit for the high street if you're a MAC user. 

HP Recommended
I agree with corbyt..... The hp p1102w doesn't cut the mustard for Mac users of Lion.... A pity the staff at Currys don't know their stuff..... (I know - I expected too much there.....) G
HP Recommended

One last chance. I'm going to try a direct IP connection using the HPJet direct socket.

Does anyone know how to get hold of the IP address for the printer. I'm assuming it has one.

HP Recommended

Thanks for these recent updates!  With them, I'm also running on Mac OS 10.7, did you have to download with the usual procedure of connecting with USB cable first?  If yes, how did you change the connection to a wifi network accessible for MacBookPro, iPhone and iPad?  My router is an AirPort Express.  I'm a new user of MAC and I'm experiencing all the joys of working with products first designed to work with PC...

HP Recommended

Oh darling...!!

Have you not read the previous posts?

Sweetheart, your new gorgeous, sexy Mac won't allow commoners like HP to connect  to it!! Connect a Mac wirelessly to the P1102w printer? - Ha! - the former is FAR too sophisticated for the latter! Think Mac as the upper class staff at Downton Abbey and HP products as the Corrie "stars".... Chalk and bloody cheese!

HP products are "Mingers for Macs" - do what we do in London - leave them to the Mitcham people. In computer terms - leave them to PC's. (They will work when the printer is lead-by-the-hand via a USB cable.....yawn...)

Enjoy the Mac - Chuck the printer - And live!

G

HP Recommended

Thanks Graham,

I have read the thread.

I've been using computers of all types for nearly 30 years from a quantel paintbox in the 80s, to unix boxes, windows based systems and things you've probably never heard of such as NEXT machines.

All of them are just hardware/software configerations with pros and cons for each. 

I can't see how it's beyond the wit of HP to devise a workable driver for MAC OSX which is basically UNIX anyhow.

moving on.

HP Recommended

same problem as mentioned by several others...using 10.6.8 .. cannot get an IP address...have installed latest driver and firmware update but still receive the same error messages

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 6 at column 47: Entity 'nbsp' not defined error on line 12 at column 8: Opening and ending tag mismatch: link line 0 and head

Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

so cannot get to the HP page with IP address...what is irritates is that I spoke to business support at apple and HP sales to check that the printer was going to work and that setup woukd be seamless before purchasing the printer!!!!

Any futher advice would be appreciated...I also want to use the EPrint facility...and HP:please provid a fix!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.