Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
color laser Jet Pro MFP M281 cdw 6530
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Now the printer turns itself off and restarts itself every 5 minutes.  I have loaded new drivers in the computer.  If I'm not wrong it's a printer firmware issue.  How do I delete the bad update and get a good firmware update or the older firmware that was working perfectly?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue, though I am using macOS Catalina 10.15.7. There’s about 10 seconds where the printer can be ‘reached’ by software before it reboots, so I’ve been able to get some info on things but trying to connect during that brief time. Here’s what I can see:

FW Version: 2020-10-21

Driver Version: HP ColorLaserJet MFP M278-M281 2.0

I hope someone can post a hardware reset to reinstall the older firmware, or update to a fixed firmware version ASAP.

HP Recommended

@Jeff2880

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I have sent the instructions to through a private message

Please check your Inbox

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, would you be able to send me the instructions for how to resolve that problem too? I have been having that problem for a while now and don't know how to resolve it! Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hello @benny_boii @Jeff2880 

Below are the steps that one need to follow in the order as mentioned ...

1> Disconnect the printer from the NETWORK

If on wired network : Unplug the  Ethernet cable from back of the printer.

If on wireless network : Power of the Wireless router. Turn off the printer.

2> Wait for 30 seconds. Turn on the printer. 

3> If the printer is in READY state, on the printer front panel, go to Setup -> Network Setup -> Network Services -> IPv6 -> Off.

4> Turn off the printer. Wait for 30 seconds and then turn on. Try printing , it should work.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

This worked - I tried all the other solutions, but this one did the trick .  Thank you. So many hours trying to make a correction and the solution so simple. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.