Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have a Photosmart 8450 printer.  My operating system is Windows7.  I've tried to follow Scan Doctor but I guess I'm not tech savy enough to figure it out.  It worked fine before the new modem and router.  The printer is "offline" and I can't figure out how to get in online.  Thanks for any help and making it simple enough for me to follow. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello raedene715.

Thanks for the transcription, it was helpful.

Please, check the network cables and connections (printer side and router side). If possible, try with a different network cable.

Cheers!

Wixma.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up icon in the post.
If my reply resolved your issue, please mark it as Accepted Solution so that it can be found easier and help other people.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hello raedene715.

If you replaced the router, it can be that the new one is not assigning the printer the same IP address than the previous router. Therefore, the printer is having a new IP address which does not match the IP address configured in the Operating System.

Please, check the IP address of the printer by printing a Network Test Report and see if it is the same in the operating system. If they don't match, you'll need to change it.

Maybe the easiest way is to go to printers and devices, uninstall the printer and re-install again.

Cheers!

Wixma.
If my reply resolved your issue, please mark it as Accepted Solution so that it can be found easier and help other people.
HP Recommended

I printed a HP Network Configuration Page and it says my network status if offline.  The URL is:  http://0.0.0.0.  How do I get my printer online?

HP Recommended

Hello raedene715.

Restore the network configuration to defaults by using the printer's control panel.

Enter the printer's menu and choose Tools - Network - Restore defaults.

After this, the printer will try to obtain a new IP address from the router.

Cheers!

Wixma.
HP Recommended

I tried restoring defaults several times but the printer is still offline.

HP Recommended

Hello raedene715.

Please, check this document and let us know how the different settings appear in your Network Configuration Page.

Cheers!

Wixma.
HP Recommended

Here's my network configuration page:

1. Network Status:  Offline

2. Active Connection Type:  None

3. URL: http://0.0.0.0

4. Hardware Address (MAC): 000f20d2a7a3

5. Firmware Revision:  QF1P133G

6. Hostname:  Office

7. IP Address:  0.0.0.0

8. Subnet Mask: 0.0.0.0

9. Default Gateway: 0.0.0.0.

10. Configuration Source:  Not specified

11. DNS Server: 0.0.0.0

12. Admin Password: Not Set

13. Link Configuration:  None

14. mDNS: Not specified

Miscellaeous

23: Total Packets Transmitted: 0

24. Total Packets Received: 0

25 PictBridge Status: Not applicable

26. PictBridge Last Error:  None

27. Instant Share Server URL:  http://service.eshare.hpphoto.co"+"m/discovery/discovery.aspx?ver=1"+"1.0"

HP Recommended

Hello raedene715.

Thanks for the transcription, it was helpful.

Please, check the network cables and connections (printer side and router side). If possible, try with a different network cable.

Cheers!

Wixma.
HP Recommended

Hello raedene715.

Was the issue resolved?

Cheers!

Wixma.
HP Recommended

It was resolved.  Thanks so much!  It was a bad cord connection between the printer and router. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.