Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4507
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

in the last few days ink will not dry on paper. I have cleaned printheads and tried everything. Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

When you say the stripes are vertical  - is this when the print is printed in landscape (with the stripes across the short direction of the paper)?  Make sure you have selected the correct paper type in the Media setting.  Also, I would suggest Best mode for the best prints.

glossy.png

To address the stripes see the troubleshooting steps in the document here.  The diagnostic in step eight should be printed on plain paper.  Do the color bars look correct?  The black should not matter when printing on glossy media.

Figure : Diagnostic areas of the test page

Image: Diagnostic areas of the test page

1. Sample text
  2. Alignment patterns
  3. Color bars

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

What kind of paper are you printing on - plain paper, photo paper or some specialty paper?  What media/quality settings are you selecting in the driver?  Are you using HP ink or a third party product?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hello Bob, I am grateful for your response. In answer to your questions I am using HP glossy stock -Setting Normal, HP ink (on contract). I  Print from  "Pictures"  and Photoshop.   Since I asked for help the situation has deteoriated with vertical stripes appearing on images.  I hope this will give you further clues concerning the problem.  Thank you,  regards, Leonard.

HP Recommended

When you say the stripes are vertical  - is this when the print is printed in landscape (with the stripes across the short direction of the paper)?  Make sure you have selected the correct paper type in the Media setting.  Also, I would suggest Best mode for the best prints.

glossy.png

To address the stripes see the troubleshooting steps in the document here.  The diagnostic in step eight should be printed on plain paper.  Do the color bars look correct?  The black should not matter when printing on glossy media.

Figure : Diagnostic areas of the test page

Image: Diagnostic areas of the test page

1. Sample text
  2. Alignment patterns
  3. Color bars

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Hello Bob, very many thanks for your response. Making those two simple changes you mentioned have cured the problem. My printer now produces excellent dry images.  I am grateful.  Kind regards, Leonard.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.