Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

got a new printer the m234sdwe, and there is a indicator blinking and a code 49 on the display, 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Rico22,

I'd like to help!

I understand you are receiving an error 49.

Try the below suggestions-

Reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

try updating the printer's firmware -HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware  

Also, try the steps in the document --49 Error Displays On the Control Panel

If the issue persists, I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your printer

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice, i already tried that, and to update the firmware is not possible, because its a new printer, and it is not installed

HP Recommended

Can you clarify something please, if you start the printer with only the power cord attached and no usb or network cable do you get the error? If yes, and this is a new printer, return it for exchange. If the printer starts fine when not connected to your computer then likely you have a stale print job stuck in the queue of the computer and you need to clear that. Follow these instructions: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-printer-queue-in-windows-10/7e5ac...

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Its a wireless printer, it has no cable or usb included. The usb is sealed with a special sticker.

i call the support team tomorrow again, for a new one.

thanks

HP Recommended

If you replaced an older wireless printer there is the possibility that it grabbed the same IP address as your old printer. Did you get any setup done at all on the printer or did it immediately throw this error?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Out of the box, it was oke, did the setup and then it crashed durring the last phase of the setup, didnt finished it.

after a reset of the printer it gave the 49 error

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.