Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet pro 8715
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hi, today i noticed  a misaligned lines problem with my printer, i did all the printing test and everything is fine, but when i print my stuff some lines are still misaligned, i didn't have this problem a few days ago, but i didn't change anythings today, any help?IMG_5741.jpgIMG_5742.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Marika94,

I'd like to help.

Follow the below suggestions-

Step 1: Complete the alignment process again

Print a new alignment page.

1. Load plain white paper in the input tray.

2. Adjust the paper width guides until they rest against the edges of the paper.

3. Print an alignment page.

• Control panel (printers with menus): Open the Tools or Printer Maintenance menu, and then select the option to Align cartridges, Align printhead, or Print an Alignment Page.

• HP Smart app (Windows 10, macOS, Android, iOS): In the app, click your printer, click Print Quality Tools, and then select the option to align the printheads or cartridges.

• HP Printer Assistant (Windows): Click Maintain Your Printer, and then select the option to align the printheads or cartridges.

• HP Utility (Mac): Click the option to align the printheads or cartridges.

4. If your printer has a scanner, follow the directions on the alignment page to scan it and complete the alignment.

If these tips do not resolve the error, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Reset the printer

Turning the printer off, and then on again might resolve an Alignment failed error message.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the power source.

3. Wait 60 seconds.

4. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.

NOTE: 

HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

If resetting the printer does not resolve the issue, continue to the next step.

Step 3: Clean the printhead or ink cartridge

Use a printhead or cartridge cleaning tool to help prevent streaks, smudges, or lines that can interfere with the alignment process.

• Control panel (printers with menus): From the Settings, Setup, or Tools menu, look for an option to clean the printheads or cartridges.

• HP Smart app (Windows 10, macOS, Android, iOS): In the app, click your printer, click Print Quality Tools, and then select the option to clean the printheads or cartridges.

• HP Printer Assistant (Windows): Click Maintain Your Printer, and then select the option to clean the printheads or cartridges.

• HP Utility (Mac): Click the option to clean the printheads or cartridges.

After the cleaning, evaluate the page that prints. You might need to clean the printheads or cartridges more than once.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Marika94,

I'd like to help.

Follow the below suggestions-

Step 1: Complete the alignment process again

Print a new alignment page.

1. Load plain white paper in the input tray.

2. Adjust the paper width guides until they rest against the edges of the paper.

3. Print an alignment page.

• Control panel (printers with menus): Open the Tools or Printer Maintenance menu, and then select the option to Align cartridges, Align printhead, or Print an Alignment Page.

• HP Smart app (Windows 10, macOS, Android, iOS): In the app, click your printer, click Print Quality Tools, and then select the option to align the printheads or cartridges.

• HP Printer Assistant (Windows): Click Maintain Your Printer, and then select the option to align the printheads or cartridges.

• HP Utility (Mac): Click the option to align the printheads or cartridges.

4. If your printer has a scanner, follow the directions on the alignment page to scan it and complete the alignment.

If these tips do not resolve the error, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Reset the printer

Turning the printer off, and then on again might resolve an Alignment failed error message.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the power source.

3. Wait 60 seconds.

4. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.

NOTE: 

HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

If resetting the printer does not resolve the issue, continue to the next step.

Step 3: Clean the printhead or ink cartridge

Use a printhead or cartridge cleaning tool to help prevent streaks, smudges, or lines that can interfere with the alignment process.

• Control panel (printers with menus): From the Settings, Setup, or Tools menu, look for an option to clean the printheads or cartridges.

• HP Smart app (Windows 10, macOS, Android, iOS): In the app, click your printer, click Print Quality Tools, and then select the option to clean the printheads or cartridges.

• HP Printer Assistant (Windows): Click Maintain Your Printer, and then select the option to clean the printheads or cartridges.

• HP Utility (Mac): Click the option to clean the printheads or cartridges.

After the cleaning, evaluate the page that prints. You might need to clean the printheads or cartridges more than once.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.