Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
officejet 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Not sure why *and this has happened before and then suddenly went back to normal* but when printing ONLY in microsoft word, it will A. sound like it is about to print the document, and you can hear it start, but then it stops but screen on printer still has it's little 'printing...' status... i have to manually cancel it on there and on my desktop... then the printer spits out the paper with about a CM worth of print on it..   prints any other type of document just fine, no issues what so ever, it is just MS WORD.  

again, this has happened before, and after trying many things, i just get fed up and walk away...come back a day or two later and it prints again just fine.  now unfortunately i do not have time to do this and let it's apparently teenage mood swing to go away and print my word documents just fine again.

i attached 2 shots of pages i just printed today during all of this..   on one you can see my first color label printed one sheet one was just fine : that was printed only about 2 hours ago, had to make a little change of  pushing some font over a little...

stuck back in to check again...as you can see by the 2nd label on that same sheet in photo that it not only cuts off, but also somehow MOVED the little hexagons over to the right and cuts them off?!?!

the other photo attached shows a b&w try after doing all the steps below, it shows it still have my little hexagons off to the right, but now the printer stops printing about a CM into the document... tell me how a printer does all this crazi

ness!? voodoo?

for the record so i don't hear this like a broken record....i have already done all of the following suggestions i saw in other posts::

1. already tried the whole set UAC to the bottom to Never notify  [did not fix issue]

2. uninstalled/reinstalled printer, drivers, etc etc [did not fix issue]

3. tried checking any and all missing updates for Word, HP, etc etc [did not fix issue]

20200406_183812.jpg

20200406_183824.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@kc3po311

Welcome to HP support community.

Did you update the printer firmware?

If not, follow the steps mentioned in this HP document to update the printer firmware:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.