Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

The latest firmware update (ICEMDWPP1N001.2142A.00) seems to fix this problem for me when I print from my Mac via Secure AirPrint.

Thank you

HP Recommended

I can’t believe it. Have just updated my HP Pagewide Pro 577dw with the latest version of the Firmware, and I can print again from my iPad and iPhone without this awful ????????? appearing all over the place. IT’S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!

Thank you HP for FINALLY correcting the problem that’s been outstanding since the start of August - that’s been over THREE months. Perhaps worse, there has been ABSOLUTELY no recognition or acknowledgement from HP (that I’m aware of) that a problem exists and that they are busily working on it. Shame on you Hewlett Packard.

Issue corrected:10 out of 10; time to correct issue: 5 out of 10; customer service & managing customer expectations: 1 out of 10.

HP Recommended

So happy it's fixed for you! Did you just 'update' from the printer to resolve this? 

HP Recommended

Updated firmware from printer screen - easy

HP Recommended

Yes mine is working too now with the latest firmware update, but the printing speed has slowed to a crawl.  Does anyone else have this problem?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.