Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Uninstall your printer, when you reinstall it there is a drop down box and you will see Airprint, change it to the post script option. Your delay will only be a second or two.

HP Recommended

On a Mac, uninstall your printer, when you reinstall it, there is a dialog box that reads Airprint.

Change it to postscript, it is a workaround, you can print from an ipad or iphone though.

HP Recommended

Thanks, Bill44256.  That did eliminate the long wait to start printing.  Now they just need to fix the firmware so iPads and iPhones can print again.

Regards

HP Recommended

thanks a million - this worked for me!
super easy as the IP address is displayed in the printer console.

Mac also - HP seem not to support anything other than Windows.

phew - what a faff and HP support is non existent 

HP Recommended

How do I get my printer status to show on line.

HP Recommended

If someone at Apple could communicate with someone at HP in the context of open dialogue, perhaps a complete solution (HP firmware) could be developed. This situation has now lasted for too long - now a month.

One obvious temporary solution for HP would be to issue a firmware upgrade that matches the firmware that was in existence before the last firmware upgrade was offered, which I think occurred on 2 August (which is when the problems commenced).

This would allow HP time to investigate the problem and only issue a new firmware upgrade when they were certain the problems had been addressed.

is anyone at HP listening?

HP Recommended

Same. This does not fix the problem. Connecting to the IP is not working here at our office.

HP Recommended

Same issue here. Error came with firmware MAVEDWPP1N001.2132A.00.

worked fine before. Please just release a link to download older firmware before release of the August update, that brought us the error. 
keep in mind, connecting to IP is a workaround for Mac users but no solution for iOS users.

you could of course also release another update to fix the error in the current firmware.

HP Recommended

Exactly. I have been saying this for some weeks, but (it seems) that no one at HP is listening. Maybe they don’t review the HP Community Network!!! Their customer service appears to be quite poor. Someone just needs to make a comment here. If, and that’s a big if, HP is working on a Firmware upgrade then why can’t we be told and why can’t we be given the opportunity to revert to a version of the Firmware prior to the latest upgrade on 2 August?

HP Recommended

My printer prints boxes in place of some characters when I print from Apple Preview. When I print the document from Acrobat Reader, the same characters print normally.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.