Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3755
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Deskjet 3755 new printer connected via USB on windows 10 PC

whenever i send a print job it hangs in the queue for about 2 minutes and then errors and says "Cannot find document"

Device manager shows DJ 3700 series PCL 3

in Windows only printer listed is HP DJ 3700 series with green default check mark

Ran print and scan doctor and it detects HP Deskjet 3700 series, when it runs through its check everything shows green checkmarks

Print test page fails, Print internal test page succeeds

uninstalled devices and drivers 3 times, same issue every time. Tried HP Smart it detects printer and shows green ready check, cannot printer from HP Smart either

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@godochaos, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you are not able to print from your Win PC. HP Smart is not compatible with a USB connection. It has to be wireless.

Have you performed a clean reinstallation of previously installed HP drivers?

Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

For now, check for any pending windows updates on the PC.

Connect the USB cable to a different port if available or use a different USB cable to check if that helps.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.