Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 5220 All-in-One Printer

Hi, I replaced the ink-cartridge correctly with the new one sent to me by HP, as I have the HP Instant Ink subscription, but I get this error:
printer ink-cartrige problem: There is a problem with at least one ink-cartridge.
The message comes out in Italian, I hope I have translated well.
I tried restarting the printer and checking if the ink-cartridge was inserted the right way but the error does not go away and I can't print. Can anyone help me please?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Clean the Cartridge Contacts: one of the most common reasons you might get a cartridge problem error when your cartridges are new and full is the contacts on the cartridge might be dirty or otherwise obscured from making good contact with the electronics in the printer head carriage.

Regards,

Diana

HP Recommended

I tried to do this for 3-4 times but without success.
I noticed that the Black Cartridge works well if I remove the Coloured Cartridge from the printer.
But if I insert the Coloured Cartridge, the printer doesn't work. However, the HP support has sent me other Ink-Cartridges. Hope to solve it with them.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.