Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2135
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Hi, my printer keep showing idle and I can't print.

I have checked, I don't have antivirus installed, and my printer has already connected to my USB. (checked under system information)

Please help. thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Amythew

If the Mac cannot detect the printer, you will have to check the connectivity between the devices.

Check for any software updates on Mac

Click the Apple icon > About This Mac > Software Update and install any available update.

Make sure the cable is directly connected between the Mac and the printer.

The use of a USB hub is not recommended. Also, make sure the cable is connected to a USB 2.0 port on your Mac.

Do you have an Anti-virus/firewall installed on the Mac? If yes, disable the same for time being.

You may check this in System Information > Applications.

• Check if the printer is getting recognized by your Mac:
  1. From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac.
  2. Click System Report.
  3. Under the Hardware heading on the left side of the System Information window, click USB.

USB 3 devices appear under USB 3.0 Bus, and USB 2 devices appear under USB 2.0 Bus. The printer should be under the USB 2.0 Bus

This model printer is not compatible with the HP Smart app. use the link in my previous post to download the printer driver from HP site.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Amythew, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I'd suggest you follow the steps below-

Ensure that the printer is up to date with its firmware and Mac is up to date with its software. If you are unsure you may use the links below to update the printer firmware and Mac software:

Update printer firmware

Update software on Mac 

Try printing, if the issue persists, we can uninstall and reinstall the printer software-

1. Go to 123.hp.com/setup, and then click Download.

2. After the software downloads, open HP Easy Start.

3. Click File, and then select Uninstall HP Software... from the menu.

Figure : Select Uninstall HP Software...

Select Uninstall HP Software...
  4. Read any warnings that display, and then click Continue.

5. When prompted, type your administrator user name and password.

6. HP Uninstaller removes all HP printer software previously installed.

7. If you are reinstalling the HP printer software, click Set Up New Device, and then follow the instructions to install the printer with HP EasyStart.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks so much, let me try and I will come back to u again

HP Recommended

@Amythew

Sure, keep us posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried, but when I want to set up new device, it only can find Deskjet 2130 but not 2135, cause my model is 2135, and thus when they lead me to download HP Smart, HP smart couldn't find any printer.

HP Recommended

@Amythew

HP Deskjet 2135 belongs to HP Deskjet 2130 printer series. So kindly select the same and continue the installation. Click here to download the printer driver via HP Easy Start.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Kumar,

Okay, I will try again. but it keep can't detect my printer. It keep showing cannot detect printer, anyway I will try the link you sent me tomorrow when I am back to office.

Thank you

HP Recommended

@Amythew

If the Mac cannot detect the printer, you will have to check the connectivity between the devices.

Check for any software updates on Mac

Click the Apple icon > About This Mac > Software Update and install any available update.

Make sure the cable is directly connected between the Mac and the printer.

The use of a USB hub is not recommended. Also, make sure the cable is connected to a USB 2.0 port on your Mac.

Do you have an Anti-virus/firewall installed on the Mac? If yes, disable the same for time being.

You may check this in System Information > Applications.

• Check if the printer is getting recognized by your Mac:
  1. From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac.
  2. Click System Report.
  3. Under the Hardware heading on the left side of the System Information window, click USB.

USB 3 devices appear under USB 3.0 Bus, and USB 2 devices appear under USB 2.0 Bus. The printer should be under the USB 2.0 Bus

This model printer is not compatible with the HP Smart app. use the link in my previous post to download the printer driver from HP site.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Kumar,

I followed this link and I manage to print already.

Thanks so much!

Regards

Amy

HP Recommended

@Amythew

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.