Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
deskjet 2600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer will not print.  The ink alert light is on.  When I troubleshoot, everything is checked in green.  Device Status shows in black.  When I remove the color ink, the printer will print in black.  I am not using HP ink.  I do not think I am out of color ink, as it was XL, and I have not had it very long.  I have unplugged, etc. and cleaned.  Do you have any other suggestions? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@dfurness, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

If you are able to print when you remove the color ink cartridge, it means this ink cartridge is defective or empty.

HP does not recommend to use the non-HP ink cartridges. It may or may no work. HP cannot guarantee its functionality.

Try replacing the color ink cartridge to resolve the issue.

For more info, refer to Blinking Lights

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.