Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Hp printer   has stopped printing. An error message indicates problems with the black ink cartridge. Replacing it with new ones has not made a difference.

I have a stock of 364 ink cartridges.

I would like a list of home printers compatible with 364ink cartridges please.

best wishes

Adrian

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

What is your current printer model?  There may be some troubleshooting related to cleaning the electrical contacts in the printer and the cartridge as well as inspecting the printer electrical contacts for damage that may help resolve the issue.

The HP 364 cartridges are compatible with the following printers.  I do not believe there are any current models offered by HP but you may find some in retailer's stock:

This product is compatible with these printers
HP Deskjet 3070A All-in-One Printer - B611aHP Deskjet 3070A All-in-One Printer - B611bHP Deskjet 3070A All-in-One Printer - B611c
HP Deskjet 3520 e-All-in-One PrinterHP Deskjet 3520 e-All-in-One PrinterHP Deskjet 3520 e-All-in-One Printer
HP Deskjet 3522 e-All-in-One PrinterHP Deskjet 3524 e-All-in-One PrinterHP Deskjet 3526 e-All-in-One Printer
HP Officejet 4610 All-in-One PrinterHP Officejet 4620 e-All-in-One PrinterHP Officejet 4620 e-All-in-One Printer
HP Officejet 4622 e-All-in-One PrinterHP Officejet 4622 e-All-in-One PrinterHP Photosmart All-in-One Printer - B109a
HP Photosmart Wireless All-in-One Printer - B109nHP Photosmart 5510 e-All-in-One Printer - B111aHP Photosmart 5510 e-All-in-One Printer - B111a
HP Photosmart 5512 e-All-in-One Printer - B111eHP Photosmart 5512 e-All-in-One Printer - B111fHP Photosmart 5514 e-All-in-One Printer - B111c
HP Photosmart 5514 e-All-in-One Printer - B111dHP Photosmart 5515 e-All-in-One Printer - B111aHP Photosmart 5515 e-All-in-One Printer - B111h
HP Photosmart 5515 e-All-in-One Printer - B111jHP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One PrinterHP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One Printer
HP Photosmart 5522 e-All-in-One PrinterHP Photosmart 5522 e-All-in-One PrinterHP Photosmart 5524 e-All-in-One Printer
HP Photosmart 5525 e-All-in-One PrinterHP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One Printer - B211aHP Photosmart 6510 e-All-in-One Printer - B211a
HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One PrinterHP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One PrinterHP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer
HP Photosmart 6525 e-All-in-One PrinterHP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One Printer - C311aHP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One Printer - C311a
HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One Printer - C311bHP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One PrinterHP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer
HP Photosmart C5324HP Photosmart C5370HP Photosmart C5373
HP Photosmart C5380HP Photosmart C5380HP Photosmart C5383
HP Photosmart C5388HP Photosmart C5390HP Photosmart C5393
HP Photosmart C6324HP Photosmart C6380HP Photosmart C6380
HP Photosmart D5460HP Photosmart D5460HP Photosmart D5463
HP Photosmart D7560HP Photosmart e-All-in-One Printer Series - B010aHP Photosmart eStation Printer - C510a
HP Photosmart eStation Printer - C510cHP Photosmart eStation Printer - C510aHP Photosmart eStation Printer - C510a
HP Photosmart Plus All-in-One Printer - B209aHP Photosmart Plus All-in-One Printer - B209aHP Photosmart Plus All-in-One Printer - B209a
HP Photosmart Plus All-in-One Printer - B209cHP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One Printer - B210aHP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One Printer - B210a
HP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One Printer - B210cHP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One Printer - B210dHP Photosmart Premium All-in-One Printer - C309g
HP Photosmart Premium All-in-One Printer - C309gHP Photosmart Premium All-in-One Printer - C309gHP Photosmart Premium e-All-in-One Printer - C310a
HP Photosmart Premium e-All-in-One Printer - C310bHP Photosmart Premium e-All-in-One Printer - C310cHP Photosmart Premium Fax All-in-One Printer - C309a
HP Photosmart Premium Fax All-in-One Printer - C309aHP Photosmart Premium Fax e-All-in-One Printer - C410bHP Photosmart Premium Web All-in-One Printer - C309n
HP Photosmart Pro B8550HP Photosmart Pro B8550HP Photosmart Wireless e-All-in-One Printer Series - B110a
HP Photosmart Wireless e-All-in-One Printer Series - B110aHP Photosmart Wireless e-All-in-One Printer Series - B110aHP Photosmart Wireless e-All-in-One Printer Series - B110c
HP Photosmart Wireless e-All-in-One Printer Series - B110e

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue - a stock of expensive printer cartridges and a printer that is beyond repair (all avenues checked).

I am worried that because HP have stopped making printers compatible with the 364 cartridge, this means that they will eventually phase out the cartridge, making it a bad idea to source a printer which uses these cartridges... thoughts?

HP Recommended

There are a *lot* of printers that used the 364 cartridges, I would be surprised if they were discontinued in the next decade or two.  HP still makes cartridges for the Deskjet 500 introduced in 1990,  in fact the 51604a cartrdiges for the original Thinkjet printer introduced in 1984 are still available.

HP has discontinued cartrdiges in the past, but they tend to be very niche products that never got much volume.  The 364 was used in many printers over the years.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thank you Bob.

HP Recommended

Have a look on Utube, I did and it fixed the issue, I now have a working printer. Basically open the lid as if to change cartridges, remove power.

Get 2 or 3 thick paper towels, soak one in warm mildly soapy water, squeeze and place flat to the left of the cartridge tray, move tray over paper. Soul 2nd piece and after removing the cartridges place over the cartridge area to soak up excess ink. Leave for about 5 mins then remove, wipe up excess water. Move cartridge tray to the right, remove paper towel and mop up excess water.

Turn printer on and go for a head clean. See the result.

HP Recommended

Same problem - black will not print even after trying two new cartridges.

Tried the damp towel but head would not travel over the towel so used the damp one to wipe around the area. Picked up an amazing amount of brown and black grunge from across the rails.

Still no effect with black.

Gone through all the checks eg. clean printer head, align etc. Still no black.

Have just bought two new full cartridge packs !

Any more ideas most welcome.

Baybank

HP Recommended

@Baybank wrote:

Same problem - black will not print even after trying two new cartridges.

Tried the damp towel but head would not travel over the towel so used the damp one to wipe around the area. Picked up an amazing amount of brown and black grunge from across the rails.

Still no effect with black.

Gone through all the checks eg. clean printer head, align etc. Still no black.

Have just bought two new full cartridge packs !

Any more ideas most welcome.

Baybank

As long as you've done everything on the HP Web site, try these Youtube videos here.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=364+cartridge+cleaning

Search for more if needed.  If no joy your printer is toast.

HP Recommended

@Baybank wrote:

Same problem - black will not print even after trying two new cartridges. [snip]

What printer model? If your printer has a removable printhead I would suggest soaking the printhead as described in the post here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

That's what the Youtube videos say to do. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.