Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

@BigDug wrote:

I am having the same problems with my printer. New ink is z10. Old ink that works is z20. Can you provide me with tech support phone number so I can get the "regional reset" done?

Thanks!!

I will ask to have your case escalated.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi Bob.

Thank you for your help. In my case, the regional reset was unsuccxessful. I found that HP tech support, supervisors and managers did little more that offer to sell me a new printer at a 30-40% discount. An 8720 for $179.00. This in fact was the same price that was available to everyone. So they, in reality, offered no addtional savings for my trouble and the fact that they made my $300.00+ printer obsolete because they no longer provide the ink. Forceing the purchase of a new printer. I asked that the full set of ink tanks that I had just installed at the techs request (z10) be replaced with the same size cartridges that would go in a new printer. They refused and only offered to enroll in the "insta-ink" program. (Seriously?) I finally got to them to agree to replace the now "used"  cartridges, but found out the next day that was not true. The manager lied to me. I couldn't wait. I was already without a printer for 5 days of business. I had spend 5-10 hours trouble shooting the issue. [edit] What they are doing is unconsiounable.....

The information you supplied was right on. So thank you for helping. 

As much as I wanted to purchace a competitors product, I am hoping i can still recover $120.00 + worth of ink for the new printer. I almost walked out of the store with an Epson (which I have the R2000), but I needed this to be as cheap as possible.

HP Recommended

Maybe you can escalate mine as well..Officejet pro 3600 Premium w/ the same problem.

Last conversation (a few days ago) w/ "helpful" HP told me product was EOL and SOL getting help w/ this.

As you might have gathered, not happy..

I'm sitting here w/ a bunch of Z10 inks and an empty black.

Orig. found out this problem maybe 4 months ago but decided to try to burn out the old ink..

Apparently BAD move on my part .

[content removed]

HP Recommended

@jeff932 - I have asked to have your case escalated.  Please post back here when the issue is resolved (or not).

@BigDug - I will be sending you a private message asking for some more details.  Click on the envelope in the upper right to open the private message system, or click on the link here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thank you.......

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.