Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

hi there i have a hp tango and have been with instant ink a good while but will be cancelling since i need to use it more and more the quality of the ink is just bad, it smears off all forms of paper from plain paper to photopaper glossy and matt

even just printing writing on normal paper using low quality settings to use less ink to normal settings the writing just smears all over the place

tried even HP papers

pretty sure instant inks are lower and worse quality than the ones you buy full price as this never happened before when i was using shop inks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @marklola82,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

To be able to answer you effectively, we need some information.

May I have the exact product name and number? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

• Meanwhile, Follow the steps to fix streaked or faded prints. prints with incorrect colors, or other print quality problems.
  • Perform the following tasks in the order given. Use the printer after each task to see if the issue is resolved.
  • Low ink levels can cause print quality issues. If any cartridges are very low or empty, replace them with new Instant Ink cartridges.
  • Load plain white paper and run the cleaning tool.
  • Printers with a touchscreen or menus: On the printer, open the Settings or Setup menu, touch Tools or Printer Maintenance, and then touch Clean Printhead or Clean Cartridges.
  • Printers without a touchscreen or menus: Go to 123.hp.com or your app store to install the HP Smart app. Click the picture of your printer on the home screen to open Printer management options that include the cleaning tool.
  • If the page that prints has defects, the printhead might be badly clogged. Run up to two more cleaning cycles.
  • NOTE:
  • The cleaning page does not count against your pages printed for the month.
  • If you see blurry edges or jagged lines in your prints, try aligning the printhead.
  • Printers with a touchscreen or menus: On the printer, open the Settings or Setup menu, touch Tools or Printer Maintenance, and then touch Align Printer.
  • Printers without a touchscreen or menus: Go to 123.hp.com or your app store to install the HP Smart app. Click the picture of your printer on the home screen to open Printer management options. Select the option to align the printer.
  • If you did not replace your cartridges before, replace them now with new Instant Ink cartridges.
  • If you do not have new Instant Ink cartridges on hand, or if replacing cartridges did not help, contact HP Instant Ink support for assistance.

Home / Home Office: HP Instant Ink support

Business: HP Instant Ink for Business support

You may also refer to this document for further assistance. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

All the above is fine, it has absolutely nothing to do with any of that. Or the paper i use

It is the quality of ink in the instant ink cartridges...it is clear its a lower quality 

HP Recommended

Hi @marklola82,

To be able to answer you effectively, we need some information.

What is the current OS installed?

Have you updated the firmware?

May I have the exact product name and number? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

I would also need to know a few details regarding your Instant Ink account to help you get the ink cartridges sorted.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.