Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.
Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
12-27-2021 02:00 PM
Product: HP Deskjet 460
Operating System: macOS 11.0 Big Sur
When I am printing a files, the message "printing, waiting for printer to become available".
In fact, he is free.
I installed the software HP utility. It gets information from it.
This software can access to the printer, but can't print from it.
Let you see the screenshot.
Can someone help me please?
2 REPLIES 2
12-30-2021 04:57 AM
@DamienGeneva, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.
I see that you are not able to print from your Mac. Is the printer connected wirelessly?
Have you tried printing different types of documents from different apps?
Perform a ping test to check the connectivity
- Obtain the IP address of the printer by clicking on the Wireless icon on the printer
- Open a new Terminal window (it's located in Applications > Utilities, or you can just start typing it in Spotlight).
- Enter “ping” followed by the IP address of the printer.
- Press Return. Press ctrl C after 10 pings
- There should be 0% packet loss, share the results in your next post.
- How far is the printer located from the WiFi router?
- Restart the router, the printer, and the Mac
- Make sure the printer and the Mac are connected to the same wireless network. Either 2.4 or 5GHz network.
- If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both networks.
- Also, check with your Internet service provider if your router is able to forward 'Bonjour packets'.
Bonjour locates devices such as printers, other computers, and the services that those devices offer on a local network using multicast Domain Name System (mDNS) service records. The software comes built-in with Apple's macOS and iOS operating systems.
- This printer supports WPA encryption, check if the router is on the same encryption method. If using WEP or WPA-PSK+FT change it to WPA-PSK
Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community