Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
CLX-3305FW
Other

I tried to upgrade my Samsung printer's firware to enable Samsung Cloud Print. Firmware went OK (so to speak), but now the display reads F/W Upgrade Mode Upgrade Final FW with a solid green status light.

This is exactly what the problem documented here : https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c05584238

It tells me I need to run a file named SCX3405FW_Upgrade_Patch.exe, but this file is nowhere to be found on HP or Samsung support site, or anywhere within Google's reach. I also searched for CLX3305FW_Upgrade_Patch.exe and CLX3305W_Upgrade_Patch.exe but still can't find it.

I can connect to the printer using the USB update tool and I can connect to the printer's web interface through the network. I cannot print though because the printer reports toner levels at 0% (they are all well over 50%, all Samsung brand name cartridges).

How do I get my printer back from F/W Upgrade Mode?

Capture.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Maybe try this link.

https://www.ereset.com/samsung-scx/fix-firmware-reset-scx-3400f-scx-3405f-scx-3405fw/

I think this will help.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
HP Recommended

Thanks, but it does not work. (+I followed the guide for my CLX-3305FW printer, just in case)

Although the keyboard beeps when I press the keys, nothing happens on the dispaly. Even pressing the power button for 5-6 seconds will not reset the printer. 

The Web UI works though, and I can (try to) update another firmware with a USB cable and usblist.exe

It really looks like it is waiting for something to finalize the firmware upgrade...

HP Recommended

To help the poor souls who might be searching the web for an answer like it did for a few days, here is how I solved the problem.

At this point you should have the dreaded F/W Upgrade Mode Upgrade Final FW message

• Readme file says you should be able to just drag-and-drop the file CLX3305FW_V3.00.02.20.hd over the executable usblist2.exe, give it a try, but that did not work for me
  • Go to the web interface of the printer (you can unplug the USB cable at this point)
  • In the maintenance menu follow the Upgrade firmware wizard steps, giving the file CLX3305FW_V3.00.02.20.hd that was in the Samsung Cloud Print firmware package.

Takes a good while to update. About 5 minutes to verify the firmware, and another 5 minutes for it to be applied, but it all worked out in the end!

HTH

HP Recommended

I can confirm that the solution from lxe013 will work!

Just be aware that you will have to login as admin in SWS first. Click "login" on the top right part of the screen. The standard login is "admin" / "sec00000" unless it has been changed during printer setup.

Only after logging in, the firmware update  wizard will be available. Then, just follow the steps that lxe013 described.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Hi, I am having the same problem here but nothing seem to work and fix the issue. My printed C460W is locked in that firmware more. When I click on the "C46xW_Upgrade_Patch" I can see it through USB comms but then it says "Your printer has been updated to the latest version of firmware" so won't let me do any update. The "usblist2" does not want to open, when I click on it blinks a fraction of a second but does not open. 

The web interface does not seem to work. When I hit the printer IP address on my browser it starts searching but eventually times out.

Any solution on how to fix this please ? I don't want to scrap this printer as it was working fine before this firmware upgrade attempt.

Thanks to you all.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.