Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung C480FW
Other

After update to macOS Mojave, I have problems scanning documents.

Printing is no problem.

Scannings works, but the files generated are corrupt (PDF with one page) or are not written at all.

Same problem on other updated MacBooks. No problems with the ones already on MacOS 10.13.

When will there be an update?

30 REPLIES 30
HP Recommended

Same problem here, since update the scanner either doesn't appear or when I scan it starts scanning first page but the get an error and fails the scan. 

Assuming its a driver issue that needs to be fixed by Samsung. Thank you.

HP Recommended

I have a samsung CLX 3305FW and I have the same problem.
Since I installed MacOs Mojave I can not scan any more because the file format (pdf) is not recognized!
I can print but I can not scan but I need the scanner!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with C460FW

Any news about updated firmware?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with a Samsung C460 laser printer. Only fix was to go back to OS High Seirra. Scanning works again. Majove also caused the laptop to regularly be unresponsive. All good once reverted back to High Sierra. Reading other forums this is an Apple problem and affects other printer types and models. To send Apple information on this, use this link: https://www.apple.com/feedback/macos.html

HP Recommended

I picked up this fix in another thread, and it worked!

Download " Samsung Easy Document Creator" from the HP support pages. Choose  version OS 10.13   ( there isn't a version for OS 10.14, and you need th change OS where it says "Selected operating system: Mac OS, Mac OS X 10.1 Change")

The 0S 10.13 version also works on a Mac operating on  OS 10.14.

With "Easy Document Creator"you can make scan's again.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. But i can't find the page where to download the software. Do you have any link ?

Thanks

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I have same problem : after update to macOS Mojave, I have problems scanning documents.

I'm using a Samsung 4500w on MacOs  Mojave 10.14

Thanks for your assistance

Rémi

HP Recommended

Please check the solution provided by Ttankengine

it works !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.