Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
zbook & mfp m281fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

CLJ Pro MFP M281fdw: how can i scan multiple snapshots at once, save as individual jpg's?

(vs a cluster of images, all jammed into a single jpg)

I know this is simple and possible with at least some envy printers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Could you install the HP Easy Start (under the Software and Utility tab )and then try the below steps-

1. Open the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281fdw software and click on Scan a document or photo.
  2. Select the Save as PDF shortcut and press More >> on the top-right side.
  3. Open the Destination tab and then click the File Type drop-down menu.
  4. Check the box next to "Separate files for each scanned page" and press OK.
  5. Click the Save icon near the shortcut name, or create a new scan shortcut to save the changes and scan using that shortcut.

Let me know if this helps!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Sorry, forgot to post: using hp smart utility for scanning...

HP Recommended

Hi @BillDave123,

I'd like to help!

Follow the below steps-

1. Place the photos to be scanned on the printer flatbed (glass) or ADF 
  2. Start HP Scan software 
  3. Set Scan Shortcut = "Save as JPEG" 
  4. Set Item Type = Photo
  5. Set the Page Size = Detect Photos or Auto Detect Size (Wording varies by printer model/software)
  6. Click more
  7.  Check various settings, including (for example) the Destination for Folder and Scan Name
  8. Optional, leave submenu area
  9. When ready, Click Scan
  10. After the photos are scanned, adjust the rotation and/or Exposure
  11. select the individual scan and change the name and save them in their desired destination.
  12. Click Save

Scans save using the base scan name set in Destination.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

SO, the two possible options mentioned by Jay_G24 don't seem to be available to me using the HP Smart scanning app....

i've attached a few snips of the app screen options....maybe i'm missing something?  thanks all!

initial scan settings

snip of- page size -options.PNG

auto detect and adjust boundaries give me this....note blue dots/frame on only one image...

snip of - adjust boundaries.PNG

final result of applying both of the above...a single image...other two appear to be out in the ether afterwards...

snip of adjustment applied.PNG

HP Recommended

sorry, again...also, if i increase the blue dots/rectangle to include all the images, i get a single jpg with all images included..

HP Recommended

Could you install the HP Easy Start (under the Software and Utility tab )and then try the below steps-

1. Open the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281fdw software and click on Scan a document or photo.
  2. Select the Save as PDF shortcut and press More >> on the top-right side.
  3. Open the Destination tab and then click the File Type drop-down menu.
  4. Check the box next to "Separate files for each scanned page" and press OK.
  5. Click the Save icon near the shortcut name, or create a new scan shortcut to save the changes and scan using that shortcut.

Let me know if this helps!

HP Recommended

THANKS Jay_G24!   the download you mentioned was not in the location you provided on my screen, but was instead bundled as the whole enchilada solution(see attached pic) for the printer...

Inked X march5-snip of easy start screen.jpgThe solution using the HP Easy Start scan function is great for what i wanted!!!

It's even a bit better than i was hoping, in that when you say save, and provide a name,

all images in that scan carry that name "prefix", with the "Scan_nnnn" suffix appended, which is excellent for being able to do many scans, while keeping them under a known prefix/name, but still keeping a unique image ID, that you can rename to a more meaningful name at a future time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.