Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Envy 6400
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I just bought an Envy 6400 printer which says it prints double sided. Sure, if you send a document file to it, it prints double sided. But I assumed that would mean it can COPY double sided as well. I can't find any setting to do this. Is double sided copying possible short of putting the single sided print back into the paper tray upside down, not what I wanted!  Surely if the mechanism can print double sided it could copy double sided as well?  Also will the auto sheet feeder feed double sided? It appears not although there the specification doesn't indicate what it will do.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

PS - I've just found out that if you scan two sides using HP Smart and then press Print, the scan will print double sided straight off.  Alternatively save the two sided scan for later printing double sided. I guess that's a compromise for double sided copying, but  a bit more involved. It would be nice to know if you can just copy double sided directly.

HP Recommended

@FournierMike 

I cannot find anything definitive either way - I admit I only checked one of the models (there are several in this series).

This almost always means the feature does not exist.

Yes, single pass / double (2-sided) scan is a very nice feature.

All that said,

If the printer is on the network,

Use the Embedded Web Server (EWS) to check the Copy Default settings.

If the feature is on the printer, you will see the settings / options.

Example

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

Tab Copy > Settings > Default SettingsCopy Defaults (wording can vary)

EWS_9025_Copy_Defaults_4EWS_9025_Copy_Defaults_4

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY Pro 6400 All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

To accept the answer, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

HP ENVY Pro 6400 All-in-one Printer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.