Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Color Laserjet Pro MFP M476dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I suddenly cannot scan to my network folders.  I went through and re-shared the folders, verified the addresses are correct, but the printer keeps telling me it cannot connect to the folders.  Under the setup on my PC (via web browser, under the IP address for the printer), I get "Cannot connect to the network folder.  Ensure the sharede folder name is correct" error message.

Again, I have re-verified all of the settings.  I can scan from my PC and save to those folders, but I lose some scanner functionality, such as 2-sided scanning when using the new HP Smart software.

Please help me to correct this problem, so that I can scan to a network folder from the scanning unit.

Update:  Just downloaded driver & software updates, ran print and scan doctor, set up folders usiing the wizard, and they still don't work, but I can still scan from my PC.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try the following steps and check for any difference:

• On your PC open the Control Panel and select Uninstall a Program.
  • Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
  • Scroll down and locate SMB1.0/SIFS File Sharing Support.
  • Ensure it is marked with a V mark, else expend it and select all the 3 options below.
  • Press OK and restart your PC as prompt, then try scanning to that PC.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try the following steps and check for any difference:

• On your PC open the Control Panel and select Uninstall a Program.
  • Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
  • Scroll down and locate SMB1.0/SIFS File Sharing Support.
  • Ensure it is marked with a V mark, else expend it and select all the 3 options below.
  • Press OK and restart your PC as prompt, then try scanning to that PC.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

That worked.  The general box was checked, but not the 3 boxes under that item.  Thanks for the quick solution.

HP Recommended

This is a HUGE security hole. Any idea on when HP will fix this? I am not comfortable leaving SMB 1.0 enabled but I can't do away with scanning. Thanks.

HP Recommended

I have a new M479.  Previous shared printer (M477) scanned directly from printer to our shared scan folder.  Installed new M479 last week and I cannot get it to scan to the shared folder.  When I set up a Quickset and test it - checking the box to use my workstation's credentials  it says my settings have been saved successfully.  

Log-in Authentication Option

And - IF I change the log-in authentication option to use the server/network login it will not save the settings.  It says:

"The printer is unable to connect to the remote destination. Check your configurations and try again." and I cannot save those settings.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.