Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
ENVY 5532
macOS 10.15 Catalina

HP Smart APP was update recently to fix some bugs... Now another issue appears when scanning document. If you open the scan page, one has the option to select the preset "photo" or "document". When selecting the option "document" the APP does not accept this and blocks (wheel keeps spinning). Only option is to use the photo setting.

Looks like a new bug. Restarting the computer has no effect.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The new release of the software HP Smart for Mac (12.8.0 -- June 23, 2021) appears to have resolved this bug.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please update the HP Smart app to its latest version, this should resolve the problem:

https://support.apple.com/en-il/guide/app-store/fir9b01adda3/mac

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I just installed a Neverstop Laser MFP 1202w for a friend of mine and she is having the same issue. The OS is MacOS Big Sur 11.3.1. When we select the Scan function from the HP Smart app the preset is set to "Photo". When we tried to switch it to "Document", the app just hangs with a swirling blue circle. You can go back and select Scan again, and the preset is back at "Photo".

If any HP support staff are reading, this is a bug that needs to be fixed.

HP Recommended

I setup my friend's printer on May 14 and the last version of HP Smart for Mac is 12.7.1 released on  May 11, 2021.

I just called my friend and confirmed that the HP Smart version was 12.7.1 (554), when I setup her printer.

July 1, 2021 Update: pleased to report that my friend's MacBook was updated with HP Smart version 12.8.0 (released June 22, 2021) on June 23, 2021. The bug I reported has now been resolved!

HP Recommended

The new release of the software HP Smart for Mac (12.8.0 -- June 23, 2021) appears to have resolved this bug.

HP Recommended

Thank you Ivan 64 for the update and keeping us posted. Issue is resolved at my end too and the document setting works again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.