Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJetPro 8710
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Scan to Computer used to work - now it tells me that this is disabled - refer to the person who set up printer!  That would be me!
Though I have recently upgraded the OS on my MacBook Pro, the printer also says no computers are set up to allow Scan To Computer. 

We did install an HP Firmware update a few weeks ago - I don't specifically recall whether that was when this service stopped.  I also have PCs here and they can't access it either - even with all drivers installed.

What am I missing?  I use HP SMart on almost everything - is that the problem?  Maybe it's not installing all drivers.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow below version of HP Easy Start, as soon as it launches open the top HP Easy Start menu and select Uninstall HP Software.

Follow the steps on screen and then click on Set Up New Device and follow the steps to reinstall the printer. omce completing the installation, scanning to Computer should be enabled back or can be enable from the HP Utility:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow below version of HP Easy Start, as soon as it launches open the top HP Easy Start menu and select Uninstall HP Software.

Follow the steps on screen and then click on Set Up New Device and follow the steps to reinstall the printer. omce completing the installation, scanning to Computer should be enabled back or can be enable from the HP Utility:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

hi Schlomi

I followed your steps - and found a couple of weird things - 
Easy Start wanted to just install HP Smart - however if you kill the app (I'm on a MAC btw) as soon as it wants to install HP Smart - it responds  - "do you just want to skip to install the SW"?
So I said yes...drivers installed in full together with Easy Scan.

It also offered me a Firmware upgrade - which I duly downloaded - but when I ran it, even though it was titled Firmware for OfficeJet 8710 - it always responded - this is not suitable for your printer (or similar)
So now I'm going to deinstall the printer and reinstall it and use the new drivers per your instructions - !!

Thank you - I'll let you know that this works as expected!!

HP Recommended

Hi there

I de-installed / re-installed the drivers.  I deleted the printer/Fax etc then after a reboot,  reinstalled  the printer.Scan to Computer still not accessibleScan to Computer still not accessible

As you can see, Scan to Computer is still not accessible.  Am I missing a step on route here?

And a reminder that I'm running on a Mac with latest Big Sur 11.3 OS.   Thank you!! 

HP Recommended

I don't know what Easy Start is supposed to do? I can print but I cannot scan. I cannot use HP Smart, which Easy Start defaults to, as does everything else. HP Smart only goes to OS 11.2 and I have 11.4 now, on Big Sur.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.